2014 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
I didn't catch most of Practice one but the line up is fairly predictable though I guess you can't take too much from the first practice, you've got Mercedes Rosberg in the lead followed by Hamilton then Alonso and Button and R?ikk?nen.
Practice 2 is on in a few hours so that should be interesting. I'm seeing rain in the forecasts for the day of the race and the qualifying which could make things interesting, I downloaded the 2010 Belgian grand prix a few days ago and quite a few people were caught out by the weather on that one.

Lotterer faster than Ericsson in his first time in the car -_- I hope Ericsson really is bringing a LOT of money.
Also, Rossi out, Chilton back in, making F1 look even more amateurish than normal this weekend.

I wonder why they would makes such a u-turn, it's not as if it will affect their standings and it would have been better to see Rossi have a chance to do a proper race instead of just running practice. I wonder if someone privately had a big hissy fit about Chilton not being in the car this weekend then was publicly stated and demanded he be placed back into the car.

Oh christ Maldonado's just binned it on the straight. Was like China where he stopped paying attention and just drove right off, but it wasn't even a corner this time.

He didn't even complete a lap, watching the replay it looked as though his car drifted right and Pastor didn't realise until it was too late and lost it when trying to get back on the track.

Good to see the break has not dulled Pastor's skills. :p

As for Chilton, I am guessing he found some Euros in the couch which allowed him to catch up on the rent and get his seat back. Which I guess means Rossi was not paying for his seat this weekend (beyond what maybe he brings to be the reserve driver).

Ouch. Kimi. 2.3 seconds off Alonso.

They had so much publicity how he could bounce back on his favorite track too. I guess he tried to soften up his front end and place a lot of weight under braking towards it that his rear end is complete shit now. Spa really does need a good front end because of the mid section after les combes.

He didn't even complete a lap, watching the replay it looked as though his car drifted right and Pastor didn't realise until it was too late and lost it when trying to get back on the track.

They have SO MUCH SHIT TO DO during their installation lap that I wonder how that doesn't happen more often really.

Saw the Maldo crash live, I guess it was your typical not paying attention Maldo crash, however he was half off the track for what seemed an eternity and then vigourously overcorrected....
Rosberg didn't seem like a happy camper, shaking his head as he came back into the pits

Lotterer outqualifies Ericsson by a second, having never driven the car in these conditions....

I was worried when his first few laps were like 6 seconds slower. Then after few laps to get his eye in and he was switched on.

Really, Caterham would be in a better position this year if they'd had a very intelligent, technical and experienced driver like that in the car during its development, simulating the shit out of everything, then doing the winter tests. I can't imagine any useful information flowing to the team from Kobayashi or Ericsson so they're sort of designing blind (which would explain the look of that nose lolz)

Rosberg managed to out qualify Hamilton again after all, Alonso is in 4th which isn't bad but was out qualified by Vettel and I was expecting a little better then 8th for Kimi R?ikk?nen but it'll give him something to work with I think.
The start will be important but Rosberg could come back from the last no podium race with a win.

It's a sad state of affairs that drivers can set their quickest laps while running wide over the run off tarmac. Rosberg and Hamilton (and others) were both guilty of it. A lot of tarmac in places I dont think it really needs to be tbh.

I was worried when his first few laps were like 6 seconds slower. Then after few laps to get his eye in and he was switched on.

There was a snippet of team radio reported on Autosport Live and Lotterer did say that it took him quite a while to get his bearings in and get settled with the brake balance in those conditions. After he did that, I think he gained about 3-4 seconds on one lap and another second on the next.

It's a sad state of affairs that drivers can set their quickest laps while running wide over the run off tarmac. Rosberg and Hamilton (and others) were both guilty of it. A lot of tarmac in places I dont think it really needs to be tbh.

Yeah I was certain that Rosberg ruined his lap when he went way wide on one corner, but still did fastest lap. I was like WTF :?...