2014 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX

Hey this is great. The only way to have close races for the win this year is if the two Mercs take each other out or damage each other, so I say keep it coming.

and ricciardo is only 35 points behind on hamilton! :eek:
he could still be second this year! :D

(if he manages that, mateschitz sure will have to give him a statue on the RB front lawn! :lol:)

I haven't contributed to the F1 forum in quite some time. Some thoughts on the season and the race:

- I enjoy the fact that Lewis and Nico are allowed to race each other, however, as Red Bull learned some years ago, a certain measure of control NEEDS to be exercised in this situation. The racing should never be this reckless, and although Nico was responsible for this one, Hamilton is equally guilty of taking similar risks (whether he was able to pull them off or not is another matter altogether), in the past. In light of what happened this time 'round, though, I think we will see less wheel to wheel between these two guys from now on, which is a shame. Lewis has some awful luck.

- I thought Magnussen drove a great race, and thought the penalty was harsh. He never made any contact with anyone, and being the car in front, he had every right to squeeze Alonso back behind him. That Alonso chose to go on the grass itself is the nature of "racing incidents" (I use this term generously, because I feel that there was no incident). The McLaren is just not as fast as the RB or Ferrari, but why shouldn't he defend his position with two laps to go at the end of the race. If it was a front running car, defending like that, I am betting that there would have been no penalty applied. I mean, Nico punctured Lewis, and was given no penalty *shrug*

- I still don't know why Maldonado is in F1. I was also annoyed that Kamui had to give up his seat for one race. There's no justice in the F1 world.

- Alonso still has it. Breathtaking overtaking from him. However, it was good to see Kimi not rolling over and dying, either. I think he's basically lost his motivation, and should probably move on from F1 now.

- Ricciardo is probably the only thing I like about the Cancer in F1 that is Red Bull. I'm pretty happy that he's wiping the floor with Vettel. It kind of adds substance to the point I've been making over the past few years, where Vettel's championships were basically 85% car, and 5% him, and 10% luck :p.

- I'm really enjoying BOTTAS in the Williams. It's good to see them back up there challenging at the pointy end of the grid. BOTTAS is a fantastic driver, and I'm glad he is destroying Massa in the races.

- Finally, last, but not least: I really hope the personnel and structural changes at McLaren start paying dividends within the next two years. I'm so nervous about the Honda PUs next year. It's been too long since Macca has built a decent car. I do like Boullier, and the talk he talks. Let's hope he can walk the walk.

There's no justice in the F1 world.

We have the biggest number of awful pay drivers blocking seats for more talented drivers since the 80s. Chilton, Ericsson, Maldonado are still rolling around while Rossi, Frijns and Vandoorne are left hanging

Cancer in F1 that is Red Bull
I for one am happy that wlth the growing costs of Formula 1 there are still some companies willing to invest in it. Without Red Bull we wouldn't have two teams on the grid and a big chunk of F1 marketability. Also they have a brilliant new driver's academy, bringing young talent to the sport (although some might argue that too young...)

Last edited:
I have to agree. As strange as it may seem for "traditional" racing fans but that beverage maker is currently actively doing more to support the sport, than Ferrari for example, who I remember mostly for constantly complaining...

thirded! i'm not an RB fan, and it sucked vettel was so dominant last season, but image they aren't there...

currently, they're the only ones who dare to stand to the FIA, aren't affraid to kick against some shins, and they bring some life to the paddock
and horner > any other teamleader (not talking about the person, but just the way he handles the media - take note paddy)
actually, any RB member is great on screen (even newey in his own dorky way! :lol:)

The fans there at the end weren't saying "boo", they were saying "Rosboo-erg".

I have to agree. As strange as it may seem for "traditional" racing fans but that beverage maker is currently actively doing more to support the sport, than Ferrari for example, who I remember mostly for constantly complaining...

uhh, what?

uhh, what?

Bringing in new drivers, doing a bunch of publicity and bringing in more fans, and generally being an awesome team.

I get it you wanna start some bullshit again but there's no denying the impact red bull has had on the sport.

I for one am happy that wlth the growing costs of Formula 1 there are still some companies willing to invest in it. Without Red Bull we wouldn't have two teams on the grid and a big chunk of F1 marketability. Also they have a brilliant new driver's academy, bringing young talent to the sport (although some might argue that too young...)

I have nothing against the drink or company. Their attitude is what stinks

2014 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX

I have nothing against the drink or company. Their attitude is what stinks

That's a contradiction in terms. It's like saying "I have no faults, I am perfect - only sometimes I'm lying a bit"

Last edited:
lol, what a sad comment.

Yeah, it's so sad that someone has an opinion that they are willing to share :lol:

What exactly is that attitude you are talking about right now?

I found RB to be a breath of fresh air when they first arrived in F1. They were actually pretty likeable (well, everyone besides CH, I guess), but as they saw more and more success, they also developed a sense of entitlement along with it. Maybe it comes with the territory, I don't know, because the other teams are guilty of it as well. I think seeing the change in their approach may have jaded my opinion on them, whether that's fairly or unfairly.

That's a contradiction in terms. It's like saying "I have no faults, I am perfect - only sometimes I'm lying a bit"

I don't see it that way at all. I see it more like: "I don't really have an issue with your product, but we don't see eye to eye on how you go about making it". Kind of a Mac and Mac user type argument.