2014 BMW 4 Series Coupe officially debuts, priced from $41,425

Andeh

is teahte tbungafloed
Car(s)
Fiestas, Mondeos, Anglia, Austin 7, Corsair, Chrys
Black mirrors? Are they trying to imitate plastic now?!

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
My first thought was "What the hell is a 4-series?"

My second thought was, looks good....

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
Besides..."a market segment that may not exit." Wat? It's basically a 3-series coupe...there are a ton of those. :/
You're talking about a guy who hates all Volkswagens because VW is evil, yet still wants a Skoda, despite being fully aware of what they are underneath. :lol:

Cryptopygia

The Eastern state where you can't fill your tank
Car(s)
Whichever car is still working
You're talking about a guy who hates all Volkswagens because VW is evil, yet still wants a Skoda, despite being fully aware of what they are underneath. :lol:
BMW, not Volkswagen. For whatever reason (I don't even try to comprehend his logic), VW hasn't earned his irrational hatred, despite the traditional BMW clientele moving to Audi.

Funnily enough, he does seem to like Rolls-Royce, despite their BMW ownership. :p

Getting back on topic, why does BMW need to split the 3-series coupe and sedan into separate models?* The car itself is fine, but the business logic confuses me...

chaos386

.sa = bad driver!
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR
Getting back on topic, why does BMW need to split the 3-series coupe and sedan into separate models?* The car itself is fine, but the business logic confuses me...
Probably because the difference between the 4er and 3er bodyshells is larger than for the 3er coup?s'/sedans' in the past.

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '19 Focus Wagon
Well ilpav, to be fair there is also a 320hp (and 450Nm instead of 400) version of the exact same turbopetrol (N55B30). But thats only used for "more exclusive" models with a different number. As of right now thats the 640i and 740i as well as the M135i.

Dino

aka Dins
So a fully optioned top of the range non M 4-series is over 80000?. That's pretty shocking.

And it looks pretty boring, if a little less than the previous gen coupe.

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
So a fully optioned top of the range non M 4-series is over 80000?. That's pretty shocking.
That is anything but new. The 335ci with xdrive and 6-speed automatic is just 1000? cheaper, and there are already a long list of options available for the E9x. Obviouly the F30 offers even more toys, which cost extra, so the maximum is going up, yes.

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
It looks a bit boring compared to the concept and the red color isn't doing it any favors. So, I'm guessing to make the car look more exciting you'll have to get it with an M-packet. It looks great in the grey/red interior combo though. They bumped the pricing by nearly EUR 2,000 over the previous base model, but now it's almost perfectly in line with Audi :dunno:.

FFeyFU1.jpg
vj4u6Ll.jpg
dgkbl1l.jpg

Last edited:

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
Yeah they made the same mistake as with the F20 on release. Almost all press-shots of the F20 were of a uni red car in the first batch. That did not do the car a huge favour. And in general the press-shots were kinda bad. Weird angles, bad backgrounds, just bad photography if I may dare to judge so.

Arnout

And it's still a gigantic hunk of Fucking Evil, made worse by clearly being yet another attempt to shove a car into a market segment that may or may not exist.

This car and its drivers are therefore declared as Shoot On Sight.
This is just the successor to the 3-Coupe/Cabrio segment. And that did exist.

Dino

aka Dins
Just put him on the ignore list, like most of us do.

Still can't believe it's as expensive as a 5er.

Dino

aka Dins
I know.

It's still a lot of money for a relatively small, mid-luxury car.

Dino

aka Dins
In reference to the 4-series.

The 5-series is relatively massive.

jsausley

Car(s)
'16 Audi S5, '14 CC R-Line, '12 Ariel Atom 3
So $50k for a 435i manual with room for options. It's this versus an S5 at that price. Can't say I'd pick the Ultimate Driving Machine. :p

If it were a bit cheaper, it could be a game changer.