2014 Cadillac CTS Revealed

I always find those to be in the way when reversing...

I always find those to be in the way when reversing...

Other cars have systems where if the car is in reverse, the headrests flop forward/rearward, creating a clear path.

Sounds like added cost for something that will only rarely be used in the first place.

BMWs over here have foldable rear headrests for the back as an option for a mere 60eur. They're folded down by default and can be flipped up if needed. Stock and free are nonfoldable ones which are kinda annoying.

Whatever is going on with the hood reminds me of the hood from the 5 series a bit. It looks good, but awkward in the angle in the first picture.

Success, but not a home run.

I've always been a fan of the CTS and this is the best looking one so far. It looks edgy and sporty like the previous cars but it's also something they're not: it's imposing. A bit menacing even. It has presence and that's what Cadillacs of old were all about.

Reactions: TC
If I understand/remember correctly, the CTS was always "the price of a 3-series, the size of a 5" when in reality the sizing was somewhat in the middle...and to make room for the ATS (which is within fractions of an inch of the 3 series in many dimension), this CTS is supposed to be slightly larger, closer to the 5.

If I understand/remember correctly, the CTS was always "the price of a 3-series, the size of a 5" when in reality the sizing was somewhat in the middle...and to make room for the ATS (which is within fractions of an inch of the 3 series in many dimension), this CTS is supposed to be slightly larger, closer to the 5.

Correct. They mentioned at the reveal "finally being in the thick of the luxury mid-size segment" at least twice.

The CTS has just gotten better and better with each update. This is the best one yet by a long shot. It's just as agressive as the past ones but much classier and more refined.

All of the cues from the Ciel concept are definitely good. This is not, however, an excuse to not put the Ciel into production. We're waiting, Cadillac!

Reactions: TC
Looks like it will loan you money at a very uncompetitive rate of interest and will offer you to regain that money in a poker game in a smoke filled back room of a butchers shop. And then it will break your legs. Just as a Cadillac should. Perfect.

This will possibly lead to the best looking wagon... IN THE WORRRRLD

I love it.

I really like it. Cadillac is going in the right direction, chasing the germans and doing rather well at it.

Compared to this, the new CTS is hella exciting and attractive car to look at.

F2D56CE5565E443299AAED63017E4B4B.jpg