2014 Camaro Z28 attacks the N?rburgring Nordschleife

Is this relevant for the potential buyers of this car? It's not exactly a 911 GT3 rival.

Given the differences between the two, their laptimes are surprisingly close:

U2XPgQd.png

Apparently pricing has been released, 75000$, without air conditioning (that's a 1150$ option).

Eesh.

I'd rather take a Boss 302 for nearly half that coin. It may not be anywhere close to the Z performance wise, but I doubt it's any less fun.

That does seem a bit pricey, considering a Z06 was the same price, which has the same engine and is probably a lot faster around a track, regardless of whether carbon ceramic brakes are optioned or not.

But, but, according to Jimi Hendrix, anyone who'd consider a GT3 would also consider a Z28!

I just said that given the obvious differences between the two they are surprinsingly close in terms of laptimes. :dunno:

But, but, according to Jimi Hendrix, anyone who'd consider a GT3 would also consider a Z28!

I doubt anyone would cross-shop the two, but they are aimed at the same types of people. Mainly posers with money, as well as the occasional track-day-geek.

To be fair, anyone who is considering the GT3 for track purposes should at least look at this option, too. You can hate this car all you like, but there's no denying this machine's track prowess.

Last edited:
To be fair, anyone who is considering the GT3 for track purposes should at least look at this option, too. You can hate this car all you like, but there's no denying this machine's track prowess.

Just because it can go around the track in the same time in the hands of a professional doesn't mean it will be anywhere near as balanced and fun to drive in the hands of the average track rat.

Just because it can go around the track in the same time in the hands of a professional doesn't mean it will be anywhere near as balanced and fun to drive in the hands of the average track rat.

Being as balanced as a GT3 is an exercise in futility.

As far as fun factor is concerned, that is entirely subjective. The GT3 is automatic only, while the Z/28 is manual only. That alone could divide many opinions. And if the Z/28 is anything like the Camaro ZL1, then it's probably not going to be a very difficult thing to drive quickly around a track.

Last edited:
Being as balanced as a GT3 is an exercise in futility.

A GT3 is the same as a Camaro, just swap the ends where the weight is. Do you want it all up front or in back?

They ain't comparable cars really. I do think that you will have some prospective buyers test drive both, but I have a feeling they will decide which one they want relatively quickly since they are so different. The Boss 302 is probably a lot more likely candidate for cross-comparison.

Last edited:
Not necessarily faster, but possibly a great grin generator.

As far as fun factor is concerned, that is entirely subjective.

Yup.

I would rather get a GT3 because I like them better. I am sure many will prefer the Camaro because V8 etc. Hell, I think I would choose an Exige over them both. :lol:

I somehow get the impression that a Camaro will be more fun around a track than a 911. Not necessarily faster, but possibly a great grin generator.

Yeah, revving to 9000 rpm with a seriously fast gearbox must be the most tedious, boring task.

Ring lap times are so relevant that an under 25k ? RenaultSport M?gane can do a better one than a BMW M5 and only a couple seconds short of an M3.

That said, the only car in the same "price range" is the Nissan GTR, a little more expensive than this Camaro, but I bet a lot better equipped and built.

Not to take away from Chevrolet, it's their thing to produce very inexpensive plastic cars with big engines.

Last edited: