2014 Canadian Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
07-canada-circuit.jpg

Oooh Canada.

FP1, Alonso first but Mercedes probably sandbagging.

FP2, top 10 covered by just 1 second.

Is the field catching up, or is Mercedes sandbagging and waiting for the race?

I suppose qualifying will be more telling as you can't really tell what sort of fuel loads they're running on the practices, it could be that Mercedes are looking at tire wear for the weekend or something and Ferrari are just testing the pace of their upgraded engines or it could be that maybe Ferrari really have made some progress, I didn't see what the times were for FP2 and for whatever reason they're still not up yet but who knows, maybe we could see the podium shook up a little bit this weekend.

Oh man if Rosberg wins it'll be drama season. There will be something stuck in Hamilton's ass if Rosberg leads in the final laps.

Hamilton's gonna win. :yawn:

Depends - Rosberg said qualifying here will be "very crucial", which I assume translates as"I'll park it again if I don't think I'll keep pole fairly lolz", so maybe he'll start from the front after all.

At least you can overtake here, even if mostly just into the final chicane.

I don't see Rosberg beating Hamilton, but of course, they've been so close that it's not impossible.

Ferrari seem to be doing reasonably well, pace-wise it's probably them or Red Bull who are second, but the Ferrari's are more reliable. Apparenly Ricciardo has had some issues, and I don't know what Vettel was doing for most of the second practice, before he suddenly got much, much faster.

I still think Mercedes are going to crush the competition in the qualification, but we'll see if the others have caught up just a little :)

Looks like Ferrari's upgrades didn't work out in the end, Alonso's in 6th which I suppose isn't too bad but Kimi is in 10th which isn't that great at all.

So... silence. I guess nothing to complain about after this qualifying? :D

I love how the commentators spent the whole thing going on about how successful Hamilton is here and it's his track and blah blah blah then Rosberg takes pole position and he didn't even have to have an accident to get it.

10 posts after Quali? dang.

I watched the entire qualifying hoping for some epic rear tire brushing at the Wall. Raikkonen came pretty close on the first wall so I'm happy.

Genuinely surprised that Hamilton did not get pole though. I have my doubts on him winning this race now.

Surprising result on that quali, Hamilton seemed to have it all figured out. Hope Rosberg stays ahead after the first lap cos Hamilton chasing Rosberg is a better show than the viceversa.

Just imagine what it would do for the championship if we have a Red Bull Turkey moment.

Surprising result on that quali, Hamilton seemed to have it all figured out. Hope Rosberg stays ahead after the first lap cos Hamilton chasing Rosberg is a better show than the viceversa.

Just imagine what it would do for the championship if we have a Red Bull Turkey moment.

Not a lot really, Alonso in 3rd is trailing by more then 50 points to the Lewis hamilton in 2nd and Seb who would be in the best position to win if that happened is down in 6th trailing Nico Rosberg by more then 70 points, it's going to take more then a Mercedes crash to shake up this championship, the other teams will need to improve to the point where there is a mercedes free podium. and maybe a couple of crashes as well.

Unless the other teams make serious improvements this is a two horse race... which in fairness is one better than last years one horse race.

Last edited:
So... silence. I guess nothing to complain about after this qualifying? :D

Are you a Rosberg fan now? In the previous years you didn't give a shit about him and it was all love for Vettel, for whom funnily you don't seem to give a shit anyomre... :hmm:

Are you a Rosberg fan now? In the previous years you didn't give a shit about him and it was all love for Vettel, for whom funnily you don't seem to give a shit anyomre... :hmm:

They're both German. Oh, such coincidence.

You don't question macguffins rationale.....you just don't. FG faux pas. He'll call you a mean name and make a half hearted attempt at a witty remark.

For the record: Just because I argue against some of the moronic stuff that sometimes is written here, doesn't mean I "defend" someone or have become a "fan". Actually most of the attacks on me here happen because I made clear, that in general I don't like it when people call themselves "fans" of someone or something and in particular I despise the so-called fanboism.

But hey, I am tolerant. Everybody needs to believe in something and who am I to deny freedom of religion? :D

And also for the record: Everytime someone neg-reps me for saying stuff like this, I know its because someone thinks the shoe fits but doesn't have the guts to admit it in the open :p

And about nationalism: As a German I can say "Been there, had that - didn't like it in the end, so we moved on". Unfortunately not everybody else has, too...

Last edited: