2014 Car Launches and Testing Thread

In a word: Like the Renault article before. They just use many buzzwords to trick the not-so-media-savvy into believing they got special access to inside sources.

Well obviously you you have the knowledge to make the judgement. That coming from a man, who says he drives an Opel, which marks you as a blithering idiot by the way. The Jerez/Renault article, how do you want to judge it? It says that Renault will need 15 to 20 weeks to sort out their engine. That info was given to the judge AT Jerez and unless those 15 to 20 weeks have passed, how can you judge whether the info is true or not? If it is wrong, we clearly end up with a lot of egg on the face, but if Renault engines keep exploding until half-way into the season, we'll be the only ones who got it right. So wait for the facts, before you slander people.

As for Electric whatever. I'm not involved with the running of the site, but i'm a contributor, which is why I know the people behind it and know that they're not the cheap idiots you're trying to portray them as.

Last edited:
Well obviously you you have the knowledge to make the judgement. That coming from a man, who says he drives an Opel, which marks you as a blithering idiot by the way.
Thank you for that.

The Jerez/Renault article, how do you want to judge it? It says that Renault will need 15 to 20 weeks to sort out their engine. That info was given to the judge AT Jerez and unless those 15 to 20 weeks have passed, how can you judge whether the info is true or not?
You know what conveniently falls into the "15 to 20 weeks" window? The Spanish Grand Prix i.e. the start of the European part of the season i.e. the first round of major updates! If we don't see an improvement from any front-to-midfield team struggling in the flyaway races, that would be a surprise.
But predicting that frontrunners with issues in the flyaways will try to iron them out come Barcelona? I don't need an inside source at Jerez for that.

I'm not involved with the running of the site, but i'm a contributor, which is why I know the people behind it and know that they're not the cheap idiots you're trying to portray them as.
Then explain how they got the Brawn scoop you trumpeted out as if it were the word of god so wrong.

EDIT: I'll try to stay out of the discussion about the merits of TJ13 from now on. I think all that has to be said about the topic has to be said.

Last edited:
And they say I cause shitstorms with this guy.

The shistorms come prepackaged. With a nice bowtie.

My dearest lukenwolf & Dr_Grip

This is why we can't have nice things and some wonder why I don't post here that often anymore. You two geniuses have ruined the only sane section of this whole discussion board, so thanks for that.

I used to love the F1/Motorsports section because this was the one place on FG that I could come to read sensible arguments, rumours, great debates, get some insights, learn a thing or two...and what you two have done is drag it down to the level of Top Gear-section with personal insults as the tip of your sad, sad arrows. I don't post here anymore because I don't see the point. Not with guys like you two here doing your thing. There are others, mind you,that could really use a reality check but you two are by far the worst offenders.

I mean honestly, shut the hell up and take your petty argument the fuck out. You two are no different from 5-year olds pulling pigtales and kicking sand on the playground while shouting "But HE started it !!!"

Personal insults ? REALLY ? That is what you two are capable of at this point ? Please tell me, since I seem to be missing the point, what in god's name has that got to do with the initial debate out of which this whole shitstorm spawned ? I mean it, really. I am willing to acknowledge that I might be missing something here, something that I am not seeing but I highly doubt that. I highly doubt that either one of you still has a coherent thought or a thin red line you are following. All I see is two idiots trying to boost their own apparently fragile egos because, heavens to Betsy, somebody disagreed sternly with me on the internet and I simply must right this wrong doing.

Just...think about it amongst yourselves for a little while. What are you actually doing here, with this whole fight ? What are you trying to accomplish and especially think about the ways you are trying to get to whatever very loose point you might have left. Still make any sense ? If so fine, so it may be and please do carry on. I will go elsewhere to find my fix of motorsport related topics.

If by any chance you might see even a fraction of over reacting and making a mountain out of that famous molehill, I'd appreciate you acknowledge that to the rest of us. Both of you are two adults for god's sake....now I am not one to give out life lessons to anyone but after what I have personally gone through in my life over the past decade, I will say that I have learned to let go and pick my fights. I have also learned that sometime, just maybe once in a blue moon it is just not worth it. What "it" here stands for, that's up for everyone to interpret how they please but my point is that sometimes it is ok to just let go and move on.

Something you two should really think about.

Now I have reported you both to the "authorities" (moderators that is) and I hope others will do the same resulting in an extremely deserved time out of equal lengths to both of you. I realise nobody's life will be a smidge different whether I post here or not so it's not like I am making an ultimatum to leave if this shit doesn't stop. I am saying though that you two have caused this board to loose one longtime contributor. I just hope I am the last casualty and the rest of people here can keep on having a civilised discussion.

For fucks sake....I am so tired of this kind of behaviour.....grown men arguing about ANOTHER grown man's (?) blog posts and ending up mocking one's chosen make and model of car.....

How you two made that bridge happen is beyond me.

Good day.

Dear BroMic, I, for one, am sorry for my role in this. In my attempt to play the voice of sanity I overshot the goal by quite some margin. Sorry for that and I will refrain from further bickering.

Smart. This way the heat doesn't accumulate in the sidepods and there is more room for cooling.

I would have thought that the weight penalty (CG height) would be a bit much for that move. Interesting, though. I assume that there now has to be two plenums, one of each side inside of their centreline box.

The exhaust really doesn't weigh that much. And they can place all the other bits that much lower in the sidepods, which probably makes up for it.

Ofc not. But i trust in scarbs to get us images and an analysis of this eventually.

Last edited:
:clap:

I remember when the F1 race threads used to be long even before the race started..

I'm sure than golden age can return. It's been foretold.

I'm sure than golden age can return. It's been foretold.
As a first step to recovery, maybe not for this section, but for a third of the grid, Lotus hit the 100km mileage limit for filming days with an upgraded version of the Renault plant. That's 22 laps of Jerez, more than Red Bull managed over the whole first test. We'll see if Renault really fixed all the gremlins the package seem to have had without compromising power output, but at least it seems to be reliable enough for the Renault teams to get some decent testing mileage next week...

Last edited:
Renault may have fixed some problems, but the general consensus is still that RBR squished their car too much. If they don't do something themselves as well as plopping in a new PU, they're not going anywhere fast.

Renault may have fixed some problems, but the general consensus is still that RBR squished their car too much. If they don't do something themselves as well as plopping in a new PU, they're not going anywhere fast.
I suspect you are right. If RBR are explicitly denying major problems with their car, something's not right at all.

Last edited:
I suspect you are right. If RBR are explicitly denying major problems with their car, something's not right at

Indeed. Overheating will always be comprised of two parts: an article that requires a lot of cooling and an article that does not provide the said cooling. Now, reducing the amount of heat from the PU is no easy task, it's mostly inherent with the complete design. Giving it more cold air is the teams responsibility. And opening bigger cooling holes is like dunking Satan into holy water for Newey.

I exaggerate ofc, but just to paint a picture here.

Fingers crossed we get to see more running in Bahrain from all the teams. I wonder if any teams are going to arrive with major body changes, i.e new wings, noses, side pods, McLaren style parachute wishbones etc.

Unliekly, T03/R01 will be the next big update for most teams.