2014 Car Launches and Testing Thread

The Force India looks like a fucking anal rapist. No wonder they only showed the side profile. That's it for me. I'm not going to watch that ridiculous freak show. WEC and WSR it is.
Suddenly, the new noses seem very much worth it.... :p

The new engines sound good to me so far. We haven't even heard one at full blast.
Seconded.

And Caterham present their contribution to the hilarious 2014 F1 season.

BfEmhYcCAAAWJPS.jpg

Penis holding the wing.

The Caterham nose shape kinda very remotrly reminds me of the 1979 ferrari 312 T4. Very remotely.

Yeah I thought about that too. But back then the designs were really unique to each team, completely different cars... not just phallic front noses.

Yeah I thought about that too. But back then the designs were really unique to each team, completely different cars... not just phallic front noses.

We're in an age of evolution, not revolution. It's not just F1 cars that all look the same. Have you looked at smartphones, for example? Or computers? Or road cars?

BBC Sport's chief F1 writer Andrew Benson:

"Lotus may not be in Jerez, but there has been plenty of talk about their innovative 'crab' nose, which features two prongs rather than the single proboscis seen on many of the cars. On Monday, Toro Rosso technical director James Key said he felt it might not be within the spirit of the rules, but Lotus have issued a statement quoting technical director Nick Chester dismissing any concerns.

"'We have passed all the necessary crash tests and are very confident our design complies with all the FIA legal requirements,' Chester said. 'We have just taken an innovative direction and one that's different to the other teams. Where there are so many variations in design, there is always bound to be a little talk, but we remain relaxed and focused on our design and progression.'"

The Red Bull looks like it has an American-spec seventies front bumper on it, but I'd say it's the best looking of the bunch.

The Caterham is truly bizarre.

And they were talking about this !

2007-Renault-F1-R27-Right-Side-Angle-1280x960.jpg

Nope, still hideous.

Last edited:
F1 2014 for me = bloody conundrum... most of the cars look like a nightmare at the front, and yet I like how they sound. :/
Yes, I welcome the sound of V6 Turbos. The clips we have seen so far sounds promising, looking forward to hearing them on full chat and qualifying boost... I have to say they sound remarkably like the 80s Turbo V6s, every bit as angry...

They won't be able to properly crank the engines up to qualifying boost, since they still only have 5 power units available for the season (6th turbo/MGU means a 5-place grid penalty, 6th full power unit - 10-place grid penalty), but they won't need to save fuel in qualifying and they'll most likely have choc-full ERS batteries at the start of a quali lap.

We very likely won't hear them on full chat atleast in the first test. The powertrain is so complex it'll take a long time to understand.

Chris Harris said he actually prefers these V6's to the V8's. He was at the Merc shakedown. :dunno:

F1 2014 for me = bloody conundrum... most of the cars look like a nightmare at the front, and yet I like how they sound. :/

I might be alone with my thoughts, but I actually like these new fronts. Yeah they do look weird, but it is fascinating to see what different solutions teams come up with. I have to say Caterham might have found something with their solution.

Turbo sound
1361072963967.gif