Unveiled: 2014 Chevrolet SS

Sorry man, I agree with everything in your post but that's just ... wrong. :lol:

Pontiac sold less than 40,000 of them in 2 years. Honda sells that many Civics and Toyota that many Prius' every 4-5 months. I wish the G8's had sold like that but it just isn't so. And I seriously doubt a blander Chevy with less options will fare any better than the G8 did. Damn shame.

G8 sales numbers:
2008 (March?December) 15,002
2009 23,157

For something that's supposed to be more mainstream, that was pretty crappy. The Dodge Charger outsold it by more than 2:1 for both years (97,367 and 60,651 respectively) - what's more embarrassing is that it didn't even outsell the Crown Vic in either year. 33,255 in 09, 48,557 in 08.

G8s sold like crazy... if you define crazy as "the old homeless guy down the block that hasn't bathed in 14 years and talks to people only he can see."

Last edited:
Ah, the Chevrolet Schutzstaffel. :p

That's why I had a German friend on facebook ask how and why "SS" was on my truck's license plate before I bought it. He said it was illegal to have that in Germany.

Now I know. :|

Meant to put, "sold like crazy around here" as evidenced by leading with "I don't know where you live, or if you are in the US or not"...

brainfart. My bad :)

I would agree that the G8 sold well. For a V8 powered car that has no clutched market segment like the Crown Victoria those numbers are strong. Even the Charger's name will guarantee a certain number of sales regardless of whether it is a good car or not. The G8 had to sell itself off of looks and performance and quality alone and considering how poor it was in most of those categories I think those numbers are good. The SS will not sell anywhere near as strongly.