2014 Chinese Grand Prix - Shanghai

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
With 11 hrs 'til P1 so...

640px-Shanghai_International_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg.png

5G9sPN0.jpg

I really don't expect to see anything exciting/new here. The MBZ runners will be up top since this track is all about speed and power.

Interesting that Ferrari were on top after P1.

Mercedes have brought a new nose to China with mounting pillions ready to break off :lol:

Mercedes-Nase-GP-China-2014-fotoshowImage-89a8c3bb-772285.jpg

Alonso made it into P2 for the second practice so it'll be interesting to see if they can remain competitive through to qualifying and the race. Kimi hasn't done much driving today and ended up in P7 which may or may not be improved in the next practice, it seems he's having issues getting the steering right or something.
Could be an interesting Grand Prix this weekend.

For those watching the practices, how's Mattiacci performing?

Pfff, amateur...

Not even with rain do we get a mixed mish mush of drivers in qualifying... if anyone showed me the results, I'd have guessed it was a dry session and that Rosberg fucked up slightly.

So for the first time in many years i missed the qualy. Seeing the results I didnt miss much. Hoping for some good result for Bottas tomorrow. That Ferrari seems to be cryptonite for Kimi, because nothing goes in his way. Well my hope is that Kimi retires from F1 and goes back to Nascar, so this doesnt seem that bad.

What happened to Rosberg?

What happened to Rosberg?

Problem with brake-by-wire. Several people hit by troubles actually ROS (brake-by-wire), VET (engine mapping), RAI (gearbox), HUL (yet unexplained handling prob)

They don't roll out with dead engines as many expected, but it seems to be quite a lottery to get a weekend without problems together. If you look at this weekend: Lewis started with technical probas and had his first real trouble-free run in qualy. Rosber in return had no probs so far only for the b-b-w playing up in the qualy. History at RB seems to be repeating. After the last major rule change (2009) Vettel had most of the failures and problems for almost 2 years, befor things changed completely and now Mark's car broke down or played up endlessly. If I was Danny, I'd be out of there before 2016. :lol:Kimi's car seems to be more cursed than anything Mark Webber ever drove and I think it affects his motivation.
Generally, that's what I don't like about this years F1 so far (well in addition to pr0n noses): It so far an absolute lottery if even the best cars hold together and people can lose over a second in comparison to the previous sessions, just because that infernal break-by-wire system plays up or any of the bazillion electronic gremlins hit. I hope that gets better with the time.

Last edited: