Jalopnik: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

oh look, more gawker effect.

They call it '2014 corvette first video' instead of 'hey look we got some cgi guys to come up with some bullshots based on our drawings. Fucking sensationalist BS just to drive up ad revenue.

A) every pillar and the roof panel are WAAAAY too thin, even for a rendering.

B) How does a car that isn't even completed yet already look dated? Oh...right...it's not the real car, just a rendering done my some schmoe.

C) No...just...no.

A) every pillar and the roof panel are WAAAAY too thin, even for a rendering.

B) How does a car that isn't even completed yet already look dated? Oh...right...it's not the real car, just a rendering done my some schmoe.

C) No...just...no.

I know, and they managed to fuck up the lines of jalopnik's render too. that at least looked promising.

Crappy render, nothing to see here.

I know it's just an early shit render, but I sure hope they don't go with square Camaroish taillights. To me, a Corvette should always have circular taillights. Maybe they should follow Ferrari and go from 4 taillights back to just 2. :p

Might as well.

If they DID end up changing it to square...I don't imagine they would stay that way very long...

Remember the last time an american icon changed from round to square lights? THAT was certainly a long-lived success!

JeepFront.jpg

I hate Japlopnik so much...

The animations and rendering are OK, but the model itself sucks. The mass distribution and surface roundness is completely wrong and some key areas (A-pillars, front bumper) are half-assed. They should have spent more time with the model and less time with animations.

I believe that the controversial GTR-ish and Camaro-ish elements might work better on the real car when executed professionally.

Sorry, I was about to post something constructive, but this shot of the 575 made me forget what it was :heart:

Meh, I much prefer the 599. Steve Coogan was right in saying the 575 wouldn't age well. :)

Meh, I much prefer the 599. Steve Coogan was right in saying the 575 wouldn't age well. :)

OT, but I personally think the 575 has aged much better than the 599. I has an elegance about it that the rather poindexerish 599 simply cant match. Personally, I don't think the 420 and 599 era will be looked back on with much fondness from a design point of view.

it's the four tailpipes in a row that makes me go "what the...?"
it just looks silly, like some ricer designed it, cause it looked cool on his civic.

it's the four tailpipes in a row that makes me go "what the...?"
it just looks silly, like some ricer designed it, cause it looked cool on his civic.

C6 Corvette has that too, kind of.

chevrolet-corvette-c6-06.jpg

Totally agree with you. I adore the 599 and it's look. I've always (and I do mean always) thought the 575, despite its performance credentials, was a hideous Italian Supra.

I, on the other hand, have always hatted the 599, especially the buttresses. They just look plasticy and tacked-on.

I, on the other hand, have always hatted the 599, especially the buttresses. They just look plasticy and tacked-on.

That's quite an expensive hat! :mrgreen:

I never liked the 599, to me it was always trying too hard.
While the 575 was kinda meh...