2014 Endurance Racing

You go to bed for a nap and what happens a couple minutes after that? Toyota #7 has a fire. and is retired. Nice... :( Not an Audi win again, please ...

Radio to leading Audi "3:29, 3:28 would be good."
Gene responds with 3:26.489

Radio to following Porsche "Time to pick up the pace."
Weber responds with 3:31.216

Just woke up and heard the news... Can't say it's a boring race. Too bad for the Toyota, since the Audis and the Porsche are all within shooting range of each other, it'd been good to see it going into a 4 way challenge.

Has anyone watched the whole race so far? I had to get some sleep so I missed when the Toyota #7 retired and Audi #2 had turbo-issues.
But epic fight between Porsche #51 and Aston Martin #97 for the lead in GTE Pro. Not even a second between them after 18 hours of driving. But just as I write this the Aston gets rolled back into the garage with smoke coming from under the hood...

Has anyone watched the whole race so far?

I wanted to, but just couldn't stay awake so I took a two hour nap. Missed both those issues as well

I planned to, but life got into way, and haven't seen a single minute yet :( (but i've been drunk in the mean time, and don't regret anything! :p)

But reading post here, gives a pretty good view of what happend, good job ! :D

So there only has been two safety cars? That's a succes I think!

Last edited:
I think there were 3 or 4 safety car-periods, but all of them were in the first hours of the race.

Audi #2 has just posted the quickest laptime of the race at 3:22.881 (the two Toyotas did 3:23.11 each).

Audi #1 in the garage, possible turbo-problems. Porsche #20 was one lap down, now in the same lap.
Audi #2 just posted another quickest lap of the race at 3:22.567 and went into the pits.

Porsche #20 takes the lead, Audi #2 trails by 1:35min.

Last edited:
10450640_10152502805364049_4389271389040224474_n.jpg

Audi #1 rejoined after a 17 minutes turbo-swap, now trailing about 3 1/2 laps from the leader.

Audi #2 is constantly 3-4 seconds per lap quicker than Porsche #20 so the gap is about 1:12min at the moment.

Really hoping for Porsche win! Audi win would be the most boring thing in the universe... Audi will catch up, unless they have to do more stops.

but the best news is that #51 is leading its class by 2 laps!!!

how come the #8 toyota is already so close to the front again? how many laps did they loose in the crash? :blink:

As the Radio Le Mans commentators stated earlier: this year it's more about mending the faults as quickly as possible rather than having no faults at all. Every LMP1-contestant has had problems so the 6 laps that the Toyota #8 is trailing at the moment is less than they lost earlier, but as all the others in front of them had problems, too, the gap is smaller.

thanks. i wonder how close they will come again. i'm sure they're aiming at third position now.