2014 Endurance Racing

In LMP2 I was rooting for the Zytek, they were the most interesting and quickest in the last couple of hours so I'm happy for em. Didn't really care much for GT Pro after the Aston had it's calamity but in GT-AM was so happy for Aston, after last year they thoroughly deserved it, really happy about that.

Great to see the #95 'Dane Train' win GT-AM

Congrats to the AF Corse team! I feel bad for Mark as well but they should feel proud of what they brought to the table this year, I think Audi will definitely be in trouble next year.

Congrats to the AF Corse team! I feel bad for Mark as well but they should feel proud of what they brought to the table this year, I think Audi will definitely be in trouble next year.

The Porsche never did more than six hours in testing, so they should be well happy with their performance

The Porsche never did more than six hours in testing, so they should be well happy with their performance

During the broadcast I recall hearing that they did some 20,000km of testing leading up to the start of the 2014 WEC season. And they were scheduled to perform two 30-hour tests just before Le Mans (which I assume they did).

The interesting thing from the race was that it was the ACO telemetry box that was at the heart of the Toyota #7 and Ram Racing Ferrari fires.... up to the teams to sort the installation but .........

No-one watching Spa 24 hours? It's been mayhem so far and still more than 16 hours to go.

[video=youtube;pupImZM-OOU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pupImZM-OOU[/video]
[video=youtube;mcFsmMyv-XQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcFsmMyv-XQ[/video]

Highlight reel plus two hours (which is mostly the cars stopped on circuit due to red flag) from just before 20:00 in this clip

Last edited:
Yes, I am. And I would feel better if you were to remove that last video. I hate seeing a driver being unconscious in a car, removing it shows a bit of respect. ;)

What a race so far, pretty much unbelievable ...

Oh fuck, that's insane. Five safety cars in the first five hours? Damn... I hope all the drivers (and marshalls etc.) are okay.

According to official statements Marcus Mahy (video 4) was stable at the time of the airlift. The green car on fire belongs to our old friend Kogay, the Russian we know from the idiots and cars thread in general. Shame the stream have shifted to a single static camera for the night...

Radio Lemans complains they're being showered by dead bugs, which is weird.

Last edited:
Kogay has been way better since the last couple of BES races. Wouldn't blame anyone so far until we know more

Audi has done it. Too bad for 77.

That mad sequence of four or five massive crashes on Saturday was horrific.

Latest on Mahy, stable, able to move all limbs, awaiting some surgery.

Glad to hear that guy is okay. It was scary seeing him just limp in that car, on that video.

Raining at the N?rburgring 1000 aswell. Still two hours to go and it's pouring down

Massive crash for Webber at the WEC-finale in Brazil.

Glad that he and Cressoni in the #90 Ferrari is ok. Apparently Webber gave a thumbs up before being loaded into the ambulance.

The race was won by the other Porsche with Marc Lieb, Neel Jani and Romain Dumas which helped the secure third place in the championship.
World champions Toyota with Anthony Davidson and Sebastien Buemi finished second and the Danish legend Tom Kristensen ended his impressive career in third place.

It's a great that Mark Webber had his first season with Porsche end like that, but I'm glad to hear that he is okay. On the other hand it is good to see Porsche back on top of the podium in the pinnacle class of sportscar racing. :)