Unveiled: 2014 Ford Focus facelift

fo3d_foc_DSC3611.JPG

babidi.jpg

It's gone terribly wrong for Ford and their interior design (and exterior for that matter) after they've started selling the same cars worldwide.

An improvement on the old one, only don't know whats going on with the lights in the Autocar pictures, black plastic inserts? Pictures on top of page 1 look better in that regard. Inside is better, only don't like the radio controls that makes the wheel assymetric.

Inside is better, only don't like the radio controls that makes the wheel assymetric.

That is odd, have they crammed so much on to the steering wheel that there isn't room for those any more? Surely they are some of the most important controls to have at your thumb tips. :think:

The Clio has the column mounted stereo controls like that, I find them much better to use than steering wheel mounted controls too. Every single car reviewer ever seems to have a problem with them though, so they always get hammered in reviews for something that is actually better to use once you're used to it. I always found actual steering wheel controls slightly awkward to use and more distracting.

It's gone terribly wrong for Ford and their interior design (and exterior for that matter) after they've started selling the same cars worldwide.

Not so IMO. At least this one looks to be a vast improvement over the old. We have an '11 Focus at work with all the toys on it and the interior looks like this;

3-focus-interior_2.jpg

It took me way too long to work out how to use the satnav, and actually a concerning about of time to discover it actually had satnav at all. Its stupid. The new one however does appear to be touchscreen based; aka beware. I know most people here hate touchscreens but I like the idea, its just no manufacturer actually bothers to put enough research into good interface design so it is easy to use.

I wish we got the wagon here.

If they would offered the ST wagon here in the US I would of gotten that insteat. It is yummy looking.

It comes with some pretty interesting new engines:

1.5 Ecoboost with 150 or 180 ps and 1.5 TDCI with 120 ps.

I tried the 1.0 Ecoboost and wasn't that impressed. I think the new ecoboost will be a vast improvement.

Looks great. All I ask is to get rid of that awful do da do sound all new Fords make instead a traditional bong It's right above Honda's alarm clock tone. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP....

Mainly it looks pretty good. The only annoying this is the little rocker switch for gear control. I'm you're going to include a semi-manual mode, you might as well do flappy paddles. A rocker switch ob the slushbox mode shifter just screams "afterthought".

That looks good, but I wonder if they'll leave the Fiesta alone for a while.

A couple of weeks ago, this was going to be my first purchase after I'm out of college next year. But, after taking my friend's Cruze diesel on a 2,000 mile roadtrip, I can say I am in love with that car. If this has a small diesel in the works, and heated seats, for around the same price, I'm sold...I think.