2014 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX

I'm just happy that the stupid double point last race didn't affect the result (at least at the top). Is it gone next year?

Edit: As a side note, I'm in Dubai, about 1h drive away from the race, and not a single of the 60+ tv channels in my room is showing the race :mad:

Lucky for me, there are other options...

Last edited:
Only you would try to grasp at straws in this situation and search for any arguments as to why Germans made him WDC. Do you know where the Mercedes engine and car design offices are located? Not in Germany.

Well, at least I know that Niki Lauda is Austrian and not German :rolleyes:

But interesting to see that among all the understandable joy you must feel for Hamilton, you still have the maleficense to lash out at others in a quite stupid way. Assuming you're not drunk, I have to ask why? Because I really have no idea. Maybe you're sorry he didn't make it in a McLaren, so that the British national anthem on the podium wasn't accompanied by the German one all the time? Just an assumption, though...

Seriously, though: I couldn't care less about the nationality of the Mercedes team or its team members or who gave Lewis advice or not. Fact is that he changed his lifestyle in order to take his sport more serious and it paid off, no matter how and why it happened.

Of course having the best car by a country mile wasn't important at all. I wonder if Vettel has just adopted a bling-bling lifestyle this year, hanging his balls in the swimming-pool and all that....

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton. In the end it was a deserved title for him, because all over the year he has been the slightly better driver and won more races. Nico fought as hard as he could and it was nice to see him going up to congratulate Lewis right after the race.

I'm also happy to note that Lewis Hamilton apparently has grown up. Rumor has it that Niki Lauda had a lot to do with Lewis quitting his bling-bling lifestyle and concentrating more on the sport. In the end it has paid off.

That alone, in red, could be the largest contribution to motorsport in the last 20 years. :mrgreen:

I'm just looking forward to next year... will be laughing my ass off at the Tifosi saying nice things about Vettel.
rptZNu3.jpg

Last edited:
Lewis reacted in the end when it was clear Rosberg was out of contention. Respect for Rosberg for finishing though

I agree. When they told him to pit, my heart sank for him. Even though I was rooting for Lewis.

I'd have done the same....

That alone, in red, could be the largest contribution to motorsport in the last 20 years. :mrgreen:

I'm just looking forward to next year... will be laughing my ass off at the Tifosi saying nice things about Vettel.
rptZNu3.jpg

:lol: so true!

that's what you get for blatantly supporting an object/instance instead of the people that actually run it!