2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
Wohoo F1 headlined the sports news on evening news! First time that's happened in probably 19 years. Nice to see Marcus there, even if it's Cateram, I hope it'll boost interest here.

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
I'm really happy to see Kamui back in F1. I love his hard-charging driving style, I missed it last year.
This is great news for me too! I love how, unlike just about all the back markers, he isn't afraid to put up a fight against the top drivers.

ALXBWSCREW

Car(s)
Fiat Barchetta, Alfa Romeo 156, Opel Zafira
This is great news for me too! I love how, unlike just about all the back markers, he isn't afraid to put up a fight against the top drivers.
Maldonado's not afraid either but the difference here is that Koba isn't stupid and he knows how to race hard. Really glad to see him back in F1.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i do wonder how heiki feels though
"if only i hadn't taken that lotus seat last year"?

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
^Doubt it. They've already released this year's teamwear and it's silver and white. So I'd imagine the new car won't look too dissimilar to the old one sans Vodafone sponsorship, a bit like in 2006.

lukenwolf

Car(s)
Alfa 145 2.0 Twin Spark 16V, dedicated ring toy
This year's car will be mainly grey. Since Vodafone is out, the red bits are probably gone, too.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan

lukenwolf

Car(s)
Alfa 145 2.0 Twin Spark 16V, dedicated ring toy
Looks nice from the side.
That's why they chose this profile - it hides the ugly bits. The front tyre hides the unsightly angle change on the chassi and the front-wing endplates hide the penis-nose.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
That's why they chose this profile - it hides the ugly bits. The front tyre hides the unsightly angle change on the chassi and the front-wing endplates hide the penis-nose.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

On a slightly more serious note, the FI engineers stated that the nose pictured is a "demo nose" because they don't want to give away what they've come up with earlier than needed.

KaJuN

Disco Inferno
Car(s)
Mini Cooper S, Landy Series III, Vulcan 900 Custom
On a slightly more serious note, the FI engineers stated that the nose pictured is a "demo nose" because they don't want to give away what they've come up with earlier than needed.
What are they afraid of? Other teams being lapped less than they will be?

Kiskaloo

i do wonder how heiki feels though
"if only i hadn't taken that lotus seat last year"?
Unless he had USD 15 million in sponsorship lined up (the rumored amount Kamui and Marcus are each brining to their Caterham seats), I'm guessing his time was done even if he had stayed with Caterham or had done well at Lotus.