2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Cellos88GT

Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
because honestly this lackluster season is over and I don't think anyone here cares about it anymore...

Last edited:
It was a good season up until a few races ago, I don't even watch anything after Alonso passes the finish line nor do I bother watching Quali.

I'm just excited to see how these new cars will shake out, I'm by no means excited about the new engines but I'm just glad to see something different.

Sebastian hasn't really made the rest of the season boring for me so much as the 2014 season is looking more and more exciting, Rubens could be back Massa is looking for a competitive car after years with Ferrari playing number 2. Ferrari has a hell of a team and it will be interesting to see if Daniel Riccardo is good enough to fill the gap left by Mark Webber.
The new specifications and engines will certainly throw a wrench into things, Red Bull are dominating at the moment but is that a sign that their 2014 cars are being neglected? McClaren are doing crap so does that mean their 2014 cars are getting the focus, they've been building their road cars with Turbo chargers so will they be better at it then Ferrari who turn away from turbos? And Williams, will they finally not be crap after all these years?

The domination by Vettel/RedBull is boring but for me the lack of progress by the rest of the teams is just as annoying. Whatever RedBull are doing is working and despite millions of dollars, countless brilliant minds and years of experience not one team can touch them. Mercedes looked like a real challenger but their speed came at a price and they never recovered. Ferrari and Lotus were never even close.

Newey is frickin' ecstatic about the 2014 changes because he loves a challenge! The new season will start off right where the 2013 season ends in Brazil albeit with crappier sounding exhaust notes and slightly lower nose cones.

It was a good season up until a few races ago, I don't even watch anything after Alonso passes the finish line nor do I bother watching Quali.

I'm just excited to see how these new cars will shake out, I'm by no means excited about the new engines but I'm just glad to see something different.

I'm just going through the motions as well, I'm not interested in any post race stuff and havent been for a few years. Hamilton is right, he and Alonso dont deserve to be fighting for 5th place and the sooner 2014 rolls around the better.

I didn't realize he wanted to leave Merc, is he really that unhappy there?

I didn't realize he wanted to leave Merc, is he really that unhappy there?

Not that he'd say publicaly, but it is believed that he is fed up of the constant stream of new bosses/advisers/investors etc poking their oar in. He wanted to run the team, not run it with the help of Wolff, Lauda, Haug, Zetsche etc.

Not that he'd say publicaly, but it is believed that he is fed up of the constant stream of new bosses/advisers/investors etc poking their oar in. He wanted to run the team, not run it with the help of Wolff, Lauda, Haug, Zetsche etc.

this. i still don't know what the hell lauda is doing there!

I was figuring 2013 was going to be a crap season, with the lack of changes in regulations, thereby allowing the teams to essentially use last year's car design, but tweaked to the nth degree. The only major surprise has been McLaren sucking like an industrial Hoover. Next year should be good though, Questionable driver lineup on RBR's part (Why oh WHY is Kimi or Hulk not in Webber's seat?) Awesome Ferrari line-up, and a lot of ending contracts. Couple that with new engines (YAY!!! Even if they are turbos) and a lot of rule changes, and everyone should be back to square one.

Last edited:

this. i still don't know what the hell lauda is doing there!

I see and it all makes sense too. Poor Ross, sucks he did all that work only to see the money take it away from him.

He ran the team for 3 years, and in that time won 1 race and ended up with two 4ths and a 5th in the constructors. What did he expect, Daimler to keep sending over cargo containers of cash for 8th place finishes?

He ran the team for 3 years, and in that time won 1 race and ended up with two 4ths and a 5th in the constructors. What did he expect, Daimler to keep sending over cargo containers of cash for 8th place finishes?

Actually he ran it for four years (almost 5 now), and won a WDC and WCC in 2009... The car just didn't say Merc at the time. ;)

I wish Ross the best as I've always liked his style. A very no-nonsense guy that doesn't suffer fools.

- - - Updated - - -

Martin Brundle said during commentary today that Nico Hulkenburg has signed a contract for next year, but won't betray his source's confidence by telling us who with. It must be Lotus though, right?

Could be Lotus, McLaren is also a good possibility (Perez only had a 1 year contract and he hasn't exactly shined). It's going to be one of those two, I bet. I'm leaning toward McLaren as I don't see Perez going on too much longer (and Nicco was told to keep his mouth shut so Perez doesn't know he's out on his ass at the end of the season), but it's a wash as to which team will have the better car next year anyway, so I think Nicco should be good whatever direction he went.

Last edited:
Eddie Jordan has said he stakes his reputation on it being a return to Force India.

Of course Eddie Jordan's reputation is only as a fool, but then he was the first in the mainstream F1 media to report Schumacher's return, so somebody must trust the fool with inside info.
A return to FI would surely be a big step back, he'd be as well staying put.

Awkward times on Sky when Martin Brundle basically was the one who broke the news to Monisha Kaltenborn that Hulk had signed elsewhere...

Eddie Jordan has said he stakes his reputation on it being a return to Force India.

I just don't see it. I know people have been saying "Di Resta is racing for his career?" after his recent spell of DNFs, but I can't see them changing their current line-up and Hulk really wants a step forwards, not another step sideways.

Although, both David Croft and Johnny Herbert put this theory forward:

@johnnyherbertf1 said:
Yes @CroftyF1 I concur...Alonso - McLaren, Hulkenberg - Ferrari, Massa - Lotus, Chilton - Force India, Magnussen - Marussia #crediblesource

I'm not so sure myself, but it would really shake things up wouldn't it? And Hulks move to Sauber would make more sense 'keep him warm at a customer team until there's a works Ferrari seat in 2014'

I lost my hope for 2014 after I just found out that the engines will be homologated come March 1st, what a crock.

Some development is still allowed, but over the next few years they'll be freezing specifications each year on more and more components of the engine. Unlike LMP1.

Some development is still allowed, but over the next few years they'll be freezing specifications each year on more and more components of the engine. Unlike LMP1.

Oi, that sounds terrible. So when, if ever, are the Adrian Neweys of Engines and Transmissions, are ever supposed to shine? If one team pales in aerodynamic performance, they should be able to make up for the lack of performance through other means. This series is becoming infuriating from this kind of perspective.

Last edited: