2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Wohoo F1 headlined the sports news on evening news! First time that's happened in probably 19 years. Nice to see Marcus there, even if it's Cateram, I hope it'll boost interest here.

I'm really happy to see Kamui back in F1. I love his hard-charging driving style, I missed it last year.

This is great news for me too! I love how, unlike just about all the back markers, he isn't afraid to put up a fight against the top drivers.

This is great news for me too! I love how, unlike just about all the back markers, he isn't afraid to put up a fight against the top drivers.

Maldonado's not afraid either but the difference here is that Koba isn't stupid and he knows how to race hard. Really glad to see him back in F1.

i do wonder how heiki feels though
"if only i hadn't taken that lotus seat last year"?

^Doubt it. They've already released this year's teamwear and it's silver and white. So I'd imagine the new car won't look too dissimilar to the old one sans Vodafone sponsorship, a bit like in 2006.

This year's car will be mainly grey. Since Vodafone is out, the red bits are probably gone, too.

Looks nice from the side.

That's why they chose this profile - it hides the ugly bits. The front tyre hides the unsightly angle change on the chassi and the front-wing endplates hide the penis-nose.

That's why they chose this profile - it hides the ugly bits. The front tyre hides the unsightly angle change on the chassi and the front-wing endplates hide the penis-nose.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

On a slightly more serious note, the FI engineers stated that the nose pictured is a "demo nose" because they don't want to give away what they've come up with earlier than needed.

On a slightly more serious note, the FI engineers stated that the nose pictured is a "demo nose" because they don't want to give away what they've come up with earlier than needed.

What are they afraid of? Other teams being lapped less than they will be?

i do wonder how heiki feels though
"if only i hadn't taken that lotus seat last year"?

Unless he had USD 15 million in sponsorship lined up (the rumored amount Kamui and Marcus are each brining to their Caterham seats), I'm guessing his time was done even if he had stayed with Caterham or had done well at Lotus.