2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

Poor chaps.

Wrong thread, also, you're very late.

yeah yeah yeah....... I've been coding for the past 12 hours straight, I couldn't be bothered at the moment to edit/fix it.

So it's Anderson out, McNish in for the BBC. Makes no sense to replace an engineer with another driver who in reality knows little about how an F1 car works, but hey.

Gary Anderson didn't know much about how an F1 car works... he just drunkenly mumbled some shit that every F1 fan knows. "This is what the 'rake' of a car is!" "Softer tyres move around more!"

Gary Anderson didn't know much about how an F1 car works... he just drunkenly mumbled some shit that every F1 fan knows. "This is what the 'rake' of a car is!" "Softer tyres move around more!"

I didn't know that all fans have a degree in mechanical engineering and senior F1 design experience.

So it's Anderson out, McNish in for the BBC. Makes no sense to replace an engineer with another driver who in reality knows little about how an F1 car works, but hey.

McNish isn't replacing Anderson in the commentary squad, he'll be in the 5Live booth with James Allen in the "driver expert" role.

McNish isn't replacing Anderson in the commentary squad, he'll be in the 5Live booth with James Allen in the "driver expert" role.

Ah. It was simply something I saw on Twitter. It didn't say the specific role he would have. :) He's a decent commentator.

It's interesting that his job title seems to be "racing director", and not "Team Principle".
Is that because they plan on giving that title to someone else (or even leaving it to Whitmarsh), or is Ron just wanting it to be clear that Boullier's authority is limited and that he (Ron) is the boss everywhere else?

Nah, Anderson's descriptions are famous among F1 engineers for being hilariously wrong.
What I find much more interesting is that he could not write a nice-to-read sentence if his life depended on it, as is evident through his new job as an Autosport columnist.

What I find much more interesting is that he could not write a nice-to-read sentence if his life depended on it, as is evident through his new job as an Autosport columnist.

That's a typical engineer characteristic. ;)

Nah, Anderson's descriptions are famous among F1 engineers for being hilariously wrong.

Yeah, some of the stuff he talks about/predicts is way off. But I didn't know even his peers mock him :lol:.

It's interesting that his job title seems to be "racing director", and not "Team Principle".
Is that because they plan on giving that title to someone else (or even leaving it to Whitmarsh), or is Ron just wanting it to be clear that Boullier's authority is limited and that he (Ron) is the boss everywhere else?

I'd chalk that up as Ronspeak. After he de-employerized Whitmarsh (courtesy of Sniffpetrol) he needed to change things. In essence Boullier will probably do the same job as Whitmarsh.

... or they are waiting till someone comes off his sabbatical to make HIM Team Principal and Boullier will be filling his role till that happens. Not sure what it is about the dude, but I've always gotten a "slimey" feeling from Eric Boullier during interviews so I wouldn't be thrilled to see him at Mclaren in the lead role. I guess we will see how it goes.

... or they are waiting till someone comes off his sabbatical to make HIM Team Principal and Boullier will be filling his role till that happens. Not sure what it is about the dude, but I've always gotten a "slimey" feeling from Eric Boullier during interviews so I wouldn't be thrilled to see him at Mclaren in the lead role. I guess we will see how it goes.

According to the press release, Bouiller will be reporting to a higher-up who has not yet been decided (that position is filled temporarily by Jonathan Neale), and that higher-up will be reporting straight to Ron. Rumours are that the higher-up will be another person hired from the outside, perhaps even... Ross Brawn. :lol:

According to the press release, Bouiller will be reporting to a higher-up who has not yet been decided (that position is filled temporarily by Jonathan Neale), and that higher-up will be reporting straight to Ron. Rumours are that the higher-up will be another person hired from the outside, perhaps even... Ross Brawn. :lol:

...who denied it :p

http://www1.skysports.com/formula1/video/