2014 Formula 1 Season Thread

nie's greed and incompetently short-sighted management of the sport has brought us to. He's so busy shoving all the money he can find up Ferrari's mid-field arseholes with his special deals for the teams he arbitrarily considers "important" that there's no business model that works for the bottom half of the grid. And without the bottom half, the second quarter becomes the bottom half.

Have to disagree with you there. Yes Ferrari gets a few extra coins over the other teams, but then they've been around for over 50 years. The most money Bernie shoves up his own arse. That's what the friggin' toad from Suffolk should be lambasted for.

Hello! I am a newbie and was a bit busy and not even bother to check the updated on F1. Anyway, I was just wondering what happened to Kamui Kobayashi during the last race? He was pulled out of the race without reason am I right?

Hello! I am a newbie and was a bit busy and not even bother to check the updated on F1. Anyway, I was just wondering what happened to Kamui Kobayashi during the last race? He was pulled out of the race without reason am I right?

Rumor mill says they retired the car to save it due to lack of spare parts to keep it going at future races (which ended up being redundant since they can't appear to afford to attend them).

According to Paul Weaver at The Guardian, with Marussia dead and Caterham unlikely to make Abu Dhabi (which would end them, as well, as they would then be in breach of contract with the FIA and FOM), Bernie has invoked the "three car clause" and for 2015 both Ferrari and Red Bull will run three cars.?

This could be interesting for Alonso as one of the rumored hold-ups for releasing him to go to McLaren is the amount of money Ferrari will have to pay to break their contract with him. So with Ferrari running three cars, could Ferrari put forward a triple WDC driving trio?

The paper is also reporting that Bernie Ecclestone evidently has secured his wish and starting in 2016 "customer cars" will be allowed. This is good news for the US constructor - Haas F1 - who will now run Ferrari-supplied chassis in addition to Ferrari-supplied engines and I would imagine that Toro Rosso will once again share chassis design and development with Infiniti Red Bull Racing as they did in 2006.

IMO, this will put additional financial pressure on Lotus, Force India and Sauber as they will not be able to complete with customer teams like Haas F1 and Toro Rosso if they attempt to continue to build their own chassis. So they will all need to become customer teams themselves or close-up. And considering the costs of that, I'm not overly hopeful that all three of them will still be on the grid in 2016.

So in the end we'll be converted to three car works teams and customer cars leaving the field essentially built up of the top constructors.

This is so stupid. I feel we're seeing the slow end of F1... I just don't see these constant wild changes bringing in new fans, and they're royally pissing off the old ones to the point of wanting to stop watching.

I hope it gets better... I don't know, though.

You mean this one....

I found this one pretty amusing...I don't think a single one kept a straight face...

the expert panel has released their findings concerning bianchi his crash!
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/...s-of-10-man-panels-report-into-bianchi-crash/

It states that a ?semi-dry racing line at T7 was abruptly narrowed by water draining onto the track and flowing downhill along it. Both Sutil, and Bianchi one lap later, lost control at this point in T7?. It also crucially says that ?Bianchi did not slow sufficiently to avoid losing control at the same point on the track as Sutil? and that ?if drivers adhere to the requirements of double yellow flags, as set out in Appendix H, Art. 2.4.5.1.b, then neither competitors nor officials should be put in immediate or physical danger?.

The report continues by saying that ?the actions taken following Sutil?s accident were consistent with the regulations, and their interpretation following 384 incidents in the preceding eight years. Without the benefit of hindsight, there is no apparent reason why the Safety Car should have been deployed either before or after Sutil?s accident.?

?During the two seconds Bianchi?s car was leaving the track and traversing the run-off area, he applied both throttle and brake together, using both feet,? the report added. ?The FailSafe algorithm is designed to over-ride the throttle and cut the engine, but was inhibited by the Torque Coordinator, which controls the rear Brake-by-Wire system. Bianchi?s Marussia has a unique design of BBW, which proved to be incompatible with the FailSafe settings.

Finally, it concludes that ?it is not feasible to mitigate the injuries Bianchi suffered by either enclosing the driver?s cockpit, or fitting skirts to the crane?.
?Neither approach is practical due to the very large forces involved in the accident between a 700kg car striking a 6500kg crane at a speed of 126kph,? the panel stated. ?There is simply insufficient impact structure on a F1 car to absorb the energy of such an impact without either destroying the driver?s survival cell, or generating non-survivable decelerations.

2014 thread seems the best fit for this since they won a few trophies then I guess...

Guys in (Mercedes - where were you last night Lewis/Nikki/Wolff/Rosberg?) trucks ram-raided the Red Bull factory and made off with 60 trophies.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...-more-than-60-trophies-stolen-during-break-in

I don't get it. Why steal a bunch of trophies you'll never be able to sell? They're one-offs. The only value in them would be melting them down and selling the materials, surely?
On the other hand [troll-face]you could say Vettel and Red Bull stole the trophies first with their traction control.[/troll-face]

Last edited:
Most criminals are rather stupid, you know. So I really think they believe the value of the metal was worth the effort...

2014 thread seems the best fit for this since they won a few trophies then I guess...

Guys in (Mercedes - where were you last night Lewis/Nikki/Wolff/Rosberg?) trucks ram-raided the Red Bull factory and made off with 60 trophies.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/1...-more-than-60-trophies-stolen-during-break-in

I don't get it. Why steal a bunch of trophies you'll never be able to sell? They're one-offs. The only value in them would be melting them down and selling the materials, surely?
On the other hand [troll-face]you could say Vettel and Red Bull stole the trophies first with their traction control.[/troll-face]

I guess Seb wanted them that much :p

At least the night staff were unharmed and it seems most of them were replicas anyway, though one wonders just where the real ones are kept if not in the trophy case...

Last edited: