2014 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX

Pininfarina_

Car(s)
E46
Looks like they've changed the rules on the radio restrictions to allow technical information like brake balance and battery management.

I'm really looking forward to see what Red Bulls can pull off here. Maybe we'll finally see Vettel back on that top step.

Also,

I'm surprised he just threw it away instead of putting it on his legs or something. I'm sure the team would've liked it back.

No sense in risking it falling down and possibly end up between the pedals, and i'm sure the team has spares.

Pretty standard Mercedes build quality innit.

LEWIS!!!

That was an awesome Q3!

and lol @ nico his engineer: "he" beat you by 0.007
don't care about the rest, only about "he" :lol:

Last edited:
The Ferraris almost looked competitive this weekend and then Raikkonen's engine failed him and it was downhill from there, from 4th knocked down to 7th.

DAMNIT!
- Nico Rosberg

What a quali session holy. Even with a small lockup he still manages pole. Still, I really enjoyed Ricciardos lap. The way he was sliding his car, lighting up the rears through the chicane and utilizing the oversteer to place the car reminds me of one of Hamiltons Korean quali laps where he was four wheel drifting it through corners.

Oh look, it's this shit again.

Can we bring a handicap ballast to F1 already?

I know commentators' jobs are to add some spice to the images we're seeing, but the way Croft and Brundle get all "excited" and wondering about whether Vettel could hold Hamilton... Give me a fucking break. Hamilton could have ran the lap in reverse and overtaken Vettel, there was no suspense there, don't try to make it exciting, it's fucking not.

* edit

Race over... Just the sheer frustration. The car looked good all weekend. Qualifying was not terrible. Rosberg getting sent to the back, one less car to deal with up front. Very good start for both cars. The safety car didn't come out at a bad moment. Ricciardo had a problem. Still can't even get a podium. What the fuck else can Ferrari do?

Last edited:
It's like Hamiltons engineer is trying to undermine him or something. It was so obvious to pit him once his gap to Alonso was sufficient.

Also what kind of a monkey at Williams thought it'd be a good idea to try that stunt? Bottas did not deserve to be crushed at the end like that......

Damn Kimi's race today was completely ruined by getting stuck behind Massa first and then Bottas. 8th place... Alonso got his share of bad luck too. If only Ferrari had some straight line speed both cars in top 5 and podium would have been possible.

The race overall was really boring. Bring on Suzuka!

that was a boring race...

...couldn't be happier with the result though :D

JEV's charge near the end though. A couple scrappy moves, but still. He was literally giving a giant middle finger to that 5 second stop-go: overtook everyone, and pulled a 5 second gap.

JEV's charge near the end though. A couple scrappy moves, but still. He was literally giving a giant middle finger to that 5 second stop-go: overtook everyone, and pulled a 5 second gap.

Very rarely we get the "All or Nothing" drives, but that was one of them. I know he was on new tires, but he took a lot of chances he prob didn't need to take but it was great watching him put the car in those kind of positions.

So Alonso makes no attempt to take the first corner and is able to pass both Red Bulls, but only has to give the place back to Vettel? Ridiculous. He had no chance of passing either of the Red Bulls at turn one had he made a serious attempt to take the corner. Luckily it didn't affect the ultimate result.

Was a great drive by Vergne, he deserves a seat for next year I think.

Last edited:
If I recall right, the way the Red Bulls were both caught by the Ferrari, if he tried to brake and make the corner, it'd be a crash cos those two were too concentrated on themselves to realize he was alongside too.

If I recall right, the way the Red Bulls were both caught by the Ferrari, if he tried to brake and make the corner, it'd be a crash cos those two were too concentrated on themselves to realize he was alongside too.

This.. Alonso was loads faster coming into the corner, and if they hadn't been playing footsie (or in this case, wheelsie) with each other, he could have made the corner no problem.. He got on the gas to get out of a major pile up, and did the right thing by giving the place back, hence no penalty. He would have gained at least one place had he stayed in it, because of the shear speed differential between him and the Red Bulls... I still think he is the greatest starter of any F1 driver in history, I dunno how he does it, but he can pull 3 or 4 places every race.

-----

Onto the race.... Why does everything feel so contrived and fake this year? Hamilton's car going up in flames at Hungary, the stupidity at Spa, Rosberg's double fuck up at Monza, and now the 'electronics problems'.... it's like Merc is being paid by the FIA to keep the title fight going to the end and to turn the BS up to 11, ala NASCAR.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I off my rocker? I just hate all the damn drama surrounding Merc since Brawn left. The whole Rich White Playboy vs. Rich Black Playboy cunt punching bitch fest that has been the championship fight this year has really turned me off, and the shit of it is... if you look behind the two asshats, there has been some damn good racing.

Last edited:
I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Mercedes isn't the most reliable car but also the quickest car, probably because they're being much more innovative than say Ferrari who have had pretty good reliability but a car which isn't very quick. If you look at Lotus for example they've got all sorts of problems and one of the slower engines which could mean that they are trying a bunch of new things in desperation or it could be that Pastor is cursed.

This.. Alonso was loads faster coming into the corner, and if they hadn't been playing footsie (or in this case, wheelsie) with each other, he could have made the corner no problem.. He got on the gas to get out of a major pile up, and did the right thing by giving the place back, hence no penalty. He would have gained at least one place had he stayed in it, because of the shear speed differential between him and the Red Bulls... I still think he is the greatest starter of any F1 driver in history, I dunno how he does it, but he can pull 3 or 4 places every race.

he's only on place 9, with an average of gain of 0.5 places...
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/statistics/2014-f1-statistics/race-data/#positionchangeonlapone

I suppose it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that Mercedes isn't the most reliable car but also the quickest car, probably because they're being much more innovative than say Ferrari who have had pretty good reliability but a car which isn't very quick. If you look at Lotus for example they've got all sorts of problems and one of the slower engines which could mean that they are trying a bunch of new things in desperation or it could be that Pastor is cursed.

What can you do if engine development is frozen? I'm sure Ferrari are ready and able to change their engine a bit to squeeze more out of it in exchange of reliability, but the current rules have set up this stupid season in which, yet again, someone who got it right will have a season long advantage since other teams are not allowed to catch up.