2014 Japanse GP

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
anyone following the soap concerning the typhoon that is expect on sunday?

next week they race in sochi, and the timeframe is so small they can't afford any delay with shipping to russia due to the weather.
so everyone wants the race to be over asap!

first the FIA proposed to run the race on saterday, but this was vetoed by honda (who are racepromotor) because they don't want to have to refund tickets.
but the fear is that on sunday, it will rain all day, and it won't be possible to race at all.

of course the cars will take to the track, and they will try, even if just behind the safetycar
behind the safety car you can't overtake, but from the moment 2 laps are completed, 50% of the points will be awarded!

that will be one hell of a qualifying session!!

Last edited:
Fingers crossed Suzuka goes ahead unaffected then the typhoon causes the cancellation of Sochi. Looks like a piece of shit.

Fingers crossed Suzuka goes ahead unaffected then the typhoon causes the cancellation of Sochi. Looks like a piece of shit.

I expect Sochi is paying more to FOM than Suzuka so that is why Bernie wants to make sure the show gets to Russia, even if it means Japan get's shafted.

I bet it will be a dry race and hey, I think a Mercedes will win. I know, crazy, longshot

With this pole Nico will have a clear psychological edge over Hamilton who could not deliver under pressure.

Calm down; he wasn't trashing Nico or Lewis... It was just a joke about F1 media blowing every little thing out of proportion...

Lol I think he meant "give me a break" literally in that it was hard to pick up on that sarcasm.

In other news, RAIN! WET! SLIPPERY! oooooo

edit: red flag?!!?!? When did we become such pansies that we can't race in a bit of water?

Oh hey this is the wrong thread.

Last edited:
I bet it will be a dry race and hey, I think a Mercedes will win. I know, crazy, longshot
Umm.. Not really
Hope we get a decent race and not this sc stuff... More rain expected in 30 min

Guys, this Bianchi situation sounds bad.....

Yeah, hoping he is ok.

In the end this race was a big fail. Just when the race was getting exciting, something like that happened. :(

On German tv they said that he crashed into the aid vehicles that were trying to get Sutil's crashed car off the track. Apparently Bianchi slid under the crane.

They just added that the medical helicopter just left the track.

I truly hope that his injuries are not too serious!

Sutil said that Bianchi hit the crane sideways.