Unveiled: 2014 Jeep Renegade

0jXMWzl.jpg

It looks like a nissan cube...

2005-2006_NISSAN_cube_Rider.jpg

Speaking of the shape of turds. Do you know why turds are tapered at the end? So your butthole doesn't slam shut!

Did Suzuki ever sell the Jimny in the US? This would make a good alternative/replacement.
Yes they did, as the Samurai. 1991 was the last year though, so we never got the coil spring version. Consumer Reports magazine killed the Samurai in the US just to prove that they could. Sales were very strong until CR gave it a false failing grade.
I had one when I was college and loved it. Wheeled it a few times and it would go anywhere the big boys went. Never once did it act like it was going to roll over (as CR claimed).

Prices on used ones have skyrocketed, too. Can't find a beater for less than $3500.

Last edited:
Yes they did, as the Samurai. 1991 was the last year though, so we never got the coil spring version. Consumer Reports magazine killed the Samurai in the US just to prove that they could. Sales were very strong until CR gave it a false failing grade.
I had one when I was college and loved it. Wheeled it a few times and it would go anywhere the big boys went. Never once did it act like it was going to roll over (as CR claimed).

Prices on used ones have skyrocketed, too. Can't find a beater for less than $3500.
What happened to the Samurai was indeed a hit job. Essentially a Consumer Reports staffer had an embarassing rollover while driving their Samurai like in idiot in daily life, so when it came time to do a review, they modified their normal safety test course to require some moronic maneuvers that would cause ANY early trail-oriented SUV to roll over on pavement. AFAIK, the only vehicle ever subjected to the modified test was the Samurai.

Speaking of the shape of turds. Do you know why turds are tapered at the end? So your butthole doesn't slam shut!.
It's a sphincter, not a valve.

What happened to the Samurai was indeed a hit job. Essentially a Consumer Reports staffer had an embarassing rollover while driving their Samurai like in idiot in daily life, so when it came time to do a review, they modified their normal safety test course to require some moronic maneuvers that would cause ANY early trail-oriented SUV to roll over on pavement. AFAIK, the only vehicle ever subjected to the modified test was the Samurai.

I think there was some other ones like the Izuzu Trooper that got put through that and rolled too.

I had a Samurai for a few years and not only did I lift it and put a more pleasant suspension on it (much softer and prone to body roll), but I drove it like a Sports car and it never had any problems feeling tippy or prone to rolling. Well...on the roads at least... still pretty damn good offroad too...

63.jpg

2.jpg

As for this Renegade... I don't mind that they are making it, but it seems like they are just making four or five models that all fit in the same category. I mean, how many different sizes of a this "soft roader" crossover vehicle that is pretty much a car with some more cargo space that kind of looks like an offroad vehicle that we can slap big plastic fenders and a few driveline tricks to call the "trail rated" version do they really need.

There is a reason why Jeep is so popular, and its not because of these stupid crossover vehicles. Its even more of a travesty that they are using names of iconic, solid, and very offroad oriented Jeeps of the past and putting. Sure, make one or two of these kind of vehicles, but they seriously need to broaden the ACTUAL offroad range IMHO. Plenty of people are throwing $50k down on a Rubicon Wrangler, so why not capitalize on that type of customer and make some other vehicles to go along with it. I guarantee a Rubicon version of the Grand Cherokee would sell very well.

Make the Patriot worthy of its name. That's what I want.