Unveiled: 2014 Lexus IS

Genesis_73

Geelong, Australia (originally from the UK)
Car(s)
2011 Ford Falcon XR6-Turbo, 1984 BMW 520i
"The first official pictures of the all-new Lexus IS have been released, revealing powerful and elegant exterior styling and a cabin that is more spacious and driver-focused. Even at first glance it is clear to see how faithful Lexus has remained to the acclaimed LF-CC concept car that trailed its design thinking at the 2012 Paris Motor Show."

Lexus-IS_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_05.jpg

Lexus-IS_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg

Lexus-IS_2014_1024x768_wallpaper_03.jpg

More photos here:

http://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2014-is/

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/01/2014-lexus-is-revealed-exclusive-photos-and-video.html

I think that apart from the front, the new IS looks pretty good. Alan Partridge should be pleased.

that grille is bigger than an Audi, full stop :|

mONrf.jpg

Separated at birth?

A Jalopnik commentor (I hoon, therefore I am) got it better.

dZntD.jpg

But yeah. I'm sorry Lexus, you get 10 points for taking the chances and trying to make it look different, but lose several thousand points for the end result. That grille, those headlight clusters, those Nike swoosh DRLs, and those taillights are just horrendous. In its credit, the interior isn't terrible.

Last edited:
I actually like it, except for the taillights.

And the 3-Series gave no shits that day.

I think the only thing The 3er is giving active shits about these days is the Cadillac ATS.

For an electric razor, yes :p

This car will look hilarious/awful with and without a front plate.

If its centered on the grill, it will look like a massive buck tooth.

It can't be real? Seriously?
That is hideous, especially after the recent release of the new LS which for the first time in it's history I have warmed to.

What were they not thinking when they came up with this?

Reactions: TC
It looks like a good designer did the back, his accountant Dad did the middle and he let his 6 year old do the front with crayons.

Wow, that's just terrible. The IS started so nice, but just went down hill from there.