2014 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix

So... 7 out of the first 9 cars carried a Mercedes power unit. Looks like they already have the championship in the bag.

Good job from Hamilton and good to see that Nico finally has a car to show his talent. He'd been crawling in the back for far too long.

And Vettel is back on the podium faster than probably even he expected. I predict a fight between Mercedes and Red Bull this season and it will dominate the races.

LOL at Massa and Bottas, or mainly at the engineer's choice of words. Rhetorically those were probably the worst words the engineer could have used. I can only imagine what kind of thoughts and emotions they provoked in Massas head. "You had your change to overtake, now let Bottas to try" or something similiar would have worked much better. Or just anything else that does not include the horrid, humiliating phrase "X is faster than you."

Last edited:
I only point out Raikonnens move because he was sliding at that point and his car snapped back into place, to Magnussens surprise.

He oversteered because of the puncture, not the other way around :)

I wonder if maybe Ferrari put so much focus on the fuel economy that they ended up sacrificing some speed because of it though despite the performance they're still ahead of Red Bull in the championship.

Massa's Williams had like 10% of the fuel still remaining if those new indications are accurate...

So... 7 out of the first 9 cars carried a Mercedes power unit. Looks like they already have the championship in the bag.

Why not 7 out of 10 ? What's with the 9?
There's no championship for power units... if you can really tell anyone has the championship already, you might wanna put a divination parlor at some renaissance fair...

Last edited:
There's no championship for power units... if you can really tell anyone has the championship already, you might wanna put a divination parlor at some renaissance fair...

:lmao:

Good drive by Alonso and the Mercs. Shame Kimi's race got ruined by Magnussen but what can you do. Red Bull fucking up the car that's not Vettel's yet again. So that's two top four finishes that they've fucked up for Daniel now...

The random battles in the midfield were mildly amusing, but overall a pretty boring race, next...

if you can really tell anyone has the championship already, you might wanna put a divination parlor at some renaissance fair...

Just for your information: I'll bookmark this post of yours and get back to you at the end of the season.

Okay? ;)

Asked for a tight race, did not get one.

Disappointed about Kimi's incident.

:lmao:

Good drive by Alonso and the Mercs. Shame Kimi's race got ruined by Magnussen but what can you do. Red Bull fucking up the car that's not Vettel's yet again. So that's two top four finishes that they've fucked up for Daniel now...

The random battles in the midfield were mildly amusing, but overall a pretty boring race, next...

In fairness they screwed up Vettel's car in Australia though Vettel came 3rd instead of 2nd and is probably going to get to keep his points but Red Bull really can't screw around this year to make Vettel look good if thats what they were doing since Mercedes are finishing 1 and 2 on the podium and McClaren would probably be up there ahead of Red Bull as well if they hadn't screwed the car over the weekend and despite their finish their still behind Ferrari in the Championship.

Just for your information: I'll bookmark this post of yours and get back to you at the end of the season.

Okay? ;)

You can bookmark me as well, unless Ferrari make serious improvements to their pace it's Mercedes with Either Hamilton or Rosberg taking the Championship.

edit/

Oh man the bad news just keeps rolling in for Reachaaarrdo, he's got a 10 place grid penalty for Bahrain for that pit stop.

Last edited:
RBR doing their best to make the new Australian driver as similar to the previous Australian driver.

Ferrari looks okay IMHO, the car is not a dog in any respect, just needs a kick up its arse. Europe should tell us if they are in it.

To the supporters of this year's rule changes, thinking it would bring in more exciting racing: LOL.

To the supporters of this year's rule changes, thinking it would bring in more exciting racing: LOL.

You imply that it is fair to judge the excitement brought by the new rules based on a sample of two races. I disagree.

Last edited:
It's very exciting, just look at the constructors championship at the moment
1. Mercedes
2. McLaren Mercedes
3. Ferrari
4. Williams Mercedes... Williams, in 4th! McLaren in Second! Williams had 5 points last year and they're leading Red Bull with 20 points, that's quadruple the score in only 2 races!

Last edited:
You imply that it is fair to judge the excitement brought by the new rules based on a sample of two races. I disagree.

An exercise in reliability doesn't create exciting racing, if anything it hinders it. F1 won't be fun to watch until the front pack can contest with whoever is in pole and with this 100 kg/min fuel limit I doubt we'll see this at all this year.

Whatever this garbage was that I saw on TV today, it wasn't F1. It wasn't even the F1 of 5 years ago.

I hope these rule changes bring on less and less viewers, maybe then F1 will abandon the FIA and their horseshit regulations.

Obviously some fans still don't understand the reason for Formula 1: It's a technological showpiece of the car industry. At least that's what it is today. And we're at a crossroads in car technology, sooner or later the big engines will disappear more and more even from powerful cars. F1 has to be ahead of that development, otherwise it would become obsolete.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on that. But then you have to stop whining and start being consequent: If F1 isn't your racing series anymore, stop watching it. Because it won't change back. Stop having any hopes. So either you learn to live with that or... well, there are dozens of other racing series you can switch to :)

Don't know if Ferrari is represented well in them, though...

It's very exciting, just look at the constructors championship at the moment
1. Mercedes
2. McClaren Mercedes
3. Ferrari
4. Williams Mercedes... Williams, in 4th! McClaren in Second! Williams had 5 points last year and they're leading Red Bull with 20 points, that's quadruple the score in only 2 races!

Mclaren...please. Mclaren.

Obviously some fans still don't understand the reason for Formula 1: It's a technological showpiece of the car industry. At least that's what it is today. And we're at a crossroads in car technology, sooner or later the big engines will disappear more and more even from powerful cars. F1 has to be ahead of that development, otherwise it would become obsolete.

Except it isn't. Manufactures that have their hands tied behind their back due to stupid regulations that do absolutely nothing for the sake of racing has little to do with technological innovation, it only limits what can be innovated and developed. Fuck what Formula 1 has become today, this is not what it should be. There is no racing. If there is no racing then it is not F1, it's that simple.

If they truly wanted to make this a technological exercise, a simple limit on the amount of fuel allowed per race would've been sufficient. Give them free reign on engine development so that we can see what kind of solutions the teams can implement. That would be far more interesting from a purely technological perspective.

The FIA is the one dictating the technology and their using Formula 1 as vehicle to show the stupid ideas their engineers and technical advisers come up with, all while crippling the racing and ruining the sport.

Of course you are entitled to your own opinion on that. But then you have to stop whining and start being consequent: If F1 isn't your racing series anymore, stop watching it. Because it won't change back. Stop having any hopes. So either you learn to live with that or... well, there are dozens of other racing series you can switch to :)

Don't know if Ferrari is represented well in them, though...

The more boring this series becomes the less viewers and money it will receive. Who knows maybe even Ferrari will bow out and cripple F1 all together. When either of those things happen, we'll see one of two things: F1 will change back or we'll see a new open wheel series that strives to preserve the racing essence and keep the regulations short and simple.

I'm a stubborn fan so I will keep on watching, the same way I secretly support and hope the Italian Gov't can change for the better.

Also your boner for the German and Austrian team is showing. I would put that away, it's a bit early for that. Ferrari will come back.

Last edited:

A race not dominated by Red Bulls is such a change of pace, I can't help but find it exciting.

Still, I think things are actually on the right path. RBR made huge improvements and had it rained a bit, Mercedes might have been in trouble, and RBR still isn't at 100% yet. I see no reason to believe RBR/Renault and Ferrari won't be able to make improvements and close the gap with Mercedes. This season is looking far more exciting than years past.

- - - Updated - - -

If they truly wanted to make this a technological exercise, a simple limit on the amount of fuel allowed per race would've been sufficient. Give them free reign on engine development so that we can see what kind of solutions the teams can implement. That would be far more interesting from a purely technological perspective.

I'd love to see that.

WEC. Yes, it's also a fuel flow formula, but with free engine regulations. ;)