Ownership Verified: 2014 Porsche Panamera Turbo S

Foam cannons are the BEST.

I'm at around 36k miles now. So I have put about 11k miles on the car since the start of June.

I'm hoping to pick up an e46 330i or similar for a cheap daily that I know how to work on, so the Panamera can enjoy the garage a little more. The car is just too good to use up quickly. We'll see though... the house keeps writing up invoices for us.

I bet that's an easy car to pile miles on. Fast and comfy.

Given the fuel economy of my Lexus and not wanting to put tons of miles on the Boxster, I've been considering leasing a GTI. Probably cheaper than maintaining an E46.

I bet that's an easy car to pile miles on. Fast and comfy.

Given the fuel economy of my Lexus and not wanting to put tons of miles on the Boxster, I've been considering leasing a GTI. Probably cheaper than maintaining an E46.

It's hard to not drive it. The car is just so good. I used to take my M3 to work a couple of times a month so I could feel that directness. I don't need to do that any more. It's comfy... or pretty direct.. depending on how I'm feeling at the moment. One button can change ride height, damper stiffness/response, steering, throttle, shifting, traction/stability, how the LSD works, and the sway bars. The car transforms. It's a little surreal.

I can get an e46 for under $10k and I know how to work on them. I've worked on the M54 engine and the e46 isn't very different from my e36. So I know how to get parts, how to perform basic maintenance and repairs, what problems exist/to expect, etc. And any problems that arise have a higher potential to be less expensive than if I bought a newer GTI and drove that.

Plus I've always wanted an e46.

What I'm more worried about is whether or not I can avoid driving the Panamera.

Foam cannons are the BEST.

I used it again last night.. really nice to have the soap be able to sit on the car for 10 minutes, working on the dirt.. or I can use a mit and wash the car more quickly. The problem now is that it takes a lot longer to set up the pressure washer and foam cannon, and take it down after, than it did to just put water in a bucket and wash the car. I have to improve the process and make it more efficient :D

@rootrider Understandable- seek out a low mileage ZHP if you can. Those are supposed to be the best.

My '04 330i sedan was fun, but I'm sure as you know, after 100k, the crappy coolant system, VANOS, DISA, etc come up. The A pillar fabric on mine started pulling back after about 10 years, but the interior mostly held up.

ZHP costs more money, for sure.
I'll be happy with a 330i. Fast enough for a daily.. comfortable enough. Easy enough to work on.
I'm not worried about the DISA, cooling system, oil/water separation, oil filter housing gasket, valve cover gasket, etc.. I've been through all of that (on multiple cars in most cases). It's not a big deal for me. I can do all of the work myself. So that's the advantage for me.. if I'm buying a relatively cheap and high mileage car, I want to be able to get parts, find information online, and know how to/be able to fix them.

I used it again last night.. really nice to have the soap be able to sit on the car for 10 minutes, working on the dirt.. or I can use a mit and wash the car more quickly. The problem now is that it takes a lot longer to set up the pressure washer and foam cannon, and take it down after, than it did to just put water in a bucket and wash the car. I have to improve the process and make it more efficient :D

I’m sitting for 10 minutes right now for the first round of foam to do its thing, then I’ll add more and hand wash it with a mitt. My car is currently filthy.

I’m sitting for 10 minutes right now for the first round of foam to do its thing, then I’ll add more and hand wash it with a mitt. My car is currently filthy.

yup.. definitely worth doing two sudsings if you need to get that much dirt off your car.

yup.. definitely worth doing two sudsings if you need to get that much dirt off your car.

Well, when even a double-bout of suds leaves you with the cannon's bottle 1/3rd full, you it's a no-brainer. Small cars, et cetera.

for the first time since moving a month ago, the Panamera is in the garage. I haven't ever been able to garage the car. I'm so happy.

IMG_20200315_180541_compress50.jpg

IMG_20200315_220639_compress37.jpg

washed the car on Saturday, and then went for a drive with some friends (social distancing style.. driving alone, and staying far from each other) on Sunday. Unfortunately I got a pretty bad rock chip in the windshield. Oh well.. was fun!

IMG_20200321_161930_compress40.jpg

IMG_20200322_135424_compress70.jpg
IMG_20200322_155654_compress83.jpg
IMG_20200322_161446_compress51.jpg
IMG_20200322_174720_compress23.jpg

it's been a difficult summer. My social well-being exists through car gatherings. thankfully I've been able to keep mostly sane with occasional rogue events.
106459280_10217303540963116_4222997991692653477_o.jpg

it's been a difficult summer. My social well-being exists through car gatherings. thankfully I've been able to keep mostly sane with occasional rogue events.
106459280_10217303540963116_4222997991692653477_o.jpg