2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

USA vs Canada in the Olympic Ice Hockey Semi-Final today - losers get to keep Bieber!

I like how USA places themselves at the top of the leaderboards, when the official standings (of course) places Norway on top. I guess the amount of medals in total weighs more for the US than the amount of gold medals. According to the US, a gold medal is the same as a bronze medal.. :lol:

Go SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck.

Well, it's go Sweden now.

Sweden - Canada in the final, just like 20 years ago! Go tre kronor!!!

Thanks. We can feel the love :p We have quite the task to beat Sweden for gold on Sunday, but I have faith! Enjoy Bieber, Americans. He's yours now. Other than hockey, we snagged a few more golds in men's curling and women's freestyle for third place overall. Quite happy with our results, win or lose come Sunday.

The Gold & Silver in the in the Ski-X for Canada was very impressive, excellent to watch but a tough event and completely nuts. :cool:

And for USA the Womens Slalom gold! :cool:

That 1994 clip is so exciting even if you know the outcome! Phew!

Enjoy Bieber, Americans. He's yours now.
We've already figured out what we're going to do with him. He's going to be placed inside a ballistic missile pointed at North Korea. They should be surrendering within the hour.

But we got a 4th place, which is a win for me!!! :thumbsup:

Olympic hockey hasnt been as good as i hoped for. Maybe the reason for that has been the crowd, because the atmosphere hasnt been great. Maybe we should have got Russia-Canada final?

Norwegian ski team have remembered how to ski again!

He he.. "Burn". Which place is Svedeland on the medal table again?

Another silver in snowboarding slalom!

\o/

He was very close as well, a great final so well done to Vic Wild, the American riding for Russia and your guy Kosic too. :thumbsup:

Sadly the end of all the Freestyle events. :sad:

Questions:

Ice Hockey: The women players wear a steel net face mask, but the men dont. Why the difference?

Nordic XC: The mass starts, how are are the skiers told where to start? Some start 20 or 30 meters behind the first row, that cannot be fair. (FIS rakings or something?)

Slalom Skiing (& poss other events): The women's event had 85 starters and the men's has 117. When did the IOC change it's mind about FIS rankings only?
I think it's great myself, the last competitor was from Morrocco I think and when she got to the end of the first run, she celbrated like she'd won a Gold medal! True Olympic spirit!

There is a Swiss slalom skier called Daniel Yule whose parents are both Scottish.

How rubbish are the British Olympic Association to allow that to happen? /rant

Last edited:
Ice Hockey: The women players wear a steel net face mask, but the men dont. Why the difference?

Rule difference. Full face mask is mandatory for juniors and women. Male players that the steel mask reduces visibility.

He he.. "Burn". Which place is Svedeland on the medal table again?
More medals than we've ever had so we're happy even if this was the first day we left the ski stadium without a new one.

Tomorrow's final is judged by Canadians. Because they're from the NHL they're not affiliated with any national Federation, the IOC thinks. Very strange and in essence this bans any European referee's from judging their own nation while green lighting Americans and Canadians for any of theirs.

Just like in international football the refs should naturally be from other nations than the ones competing.

Oops now Svendsen forgot how to shoot.

Last edited: