2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Slopestyle Snoboarding - Women Final

Rank Country Name Best Run

Gold US Jamie Anderson 95.25
Silver FIN Enni Rukajarvi 92.5
Bronze GB Jenny Jones 87.25

What an insane, brilliant event to watch! The last round was a bit of a train-wreck, with top riders falling etc, who otherwise should have medalled. Well done to USA for the gold & FIN for silver too, but Jenny Jones has won Team GB's first medal of the Sochi games and the first ever on snow! :?

One of our jumpers hurt himself during qualifying and is probably out of the games. There goes our most definite gold... >_>

And it goes to Poland. But silver isn't bad either...

Got a few days to recuperate before the team event, which is the one I was thinking of, the silver medalist from today is by far our best jumper at the moment (youngest too), but we do need all 4 for the team event.

Well, pretty bad story with Robert Kranjec and even worse with Severin Freund.

Freund's crash wasn't as bad, he only got banged up, but Kranjec's ski wouldn't snap off and ended up twisting his knee and potenitally tearing his ligaments.

Are the Netherlands going to win all the Speed Skating events? :p

Well done again to them for a clean-sweep in the Men's 500m, very impressive.
And to Canada again, this time in the Men's Moguls, a Gold & Silver and fourth place. Another great competition to watch.

If you like statistics you push this link and cream your pants.

http://eu.demo.qlikview.com/QvAJAXZ...s/Winter Games.qvw&host=Demo11&anonymous=true
Norway supreme champion in the medals table

Someone at the BBC must have seen that, they mentioned Norway's medals yesterday.

:smile:

Ahh yeah!! :D 1st overall, and outpacing our record haul in Vancouver at this time. Great on the men to match the two sisters on the moguls.

OMG, 2 bronze medals today from women nobody even expected! Cross Country sprint and Biathlon.
slovenia-1624.gif

Another great snowboarding final, the mens today won by Iouri Podladtchikov of Switzerland. :thumbsup:

And Olympic history was made today, when Germany won the first ever Womens Skijumping, I just saw the highlights and it looked great. Norway also won a new event in Women's cross-country skiing, so grats to them too.

:cool:

Unprecedented double win in the women's downhill! WE GET HALF A MEDAL!

What's that? A whole medal? I'LL TAKE IT!

Slopestyle Snoboarding - Women Final

Rank Country Name Best Run

Gold US Jamie Anderson 95.25
Silver FIN Enni Rukajarvi 92.5
Bronze GB Jenny Jones 87.25

What an insane, brilliant event to watch! The last round was a bit of a train-wreck, with top riders falling etc, who otherwise should have medalled. Well done to USA for the gold & FIN for silver too, but Jenny Jones has won Team GB's first medal of the Sochi games and the first ever on snow! :?
If they ever have a deluge games we'd win that hands down - all events from 'Heath and Safety mob does not help but gets in the way', to the 'who stopped the dredging causing this flood?' witch hunt event.

Unprecedented double win in the women's downhill! WE GET HALF A MEDAL!

What's that? A whole medal? I'LL TAKE IT!

Yeah son. Fuq yea.

Ice hockey! I betted 20? on Sweden to win gold.

Edit: not regretting yet :D

Last edited:
Ouch, unlucky bounce for Latvia 7.9 seconds before end. Swiss win 1-0.

Last edited:
Our first hockey game. Starting off as was to be expected considering the opponents we were given (every other team has been a world champion and has at least a silver olympic medal under their belt and then there's us... a complete surprise to even have qualified for these games)... Down 0-1 in the 2nd minute.

0-2 in the 5th!

Last edited:
Holy crap, we actually won the 2nd period 2-1! I thought we were going to get decimated after that 1st goal, but we're playing ferociously in defence and the few breakthroughs we get are actually well thought out and executed! 2 goals from 8 shots! :D