2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

Well done Team USA! :thumbsup:
(Unsurprisingly, I have never seen a penalty shootout like that before.)

Bummer for Team Russia, especially being hosts and all.

:smile:

Fantastic Super G race!

978x.jpg

Yay, first gold!

Eva Samkova - Snowboard Cross

5300936abbef3620e4e80000-173336.jpg

Yeeeeeeees! 2x relay wins! And on one ski!

Fantastic Super G race!

Yes it was and well done to Norway, I was a bit surprised when Innerhofer went off.
At least Bode Miller got a bronze, in his last (?) Olympics, so good for him.

Yay, first gold!

Eva Samkova - Snowboard Cross

Yet another great event and completely mad to watch! Some of those falls look like they hurt. Congrats to the Czech Rep for the win!

Yeeeeeeees! 2x relay wins! And on one ski!

Saw a bit of this too, the Swedish men's relay team were awesome and Russians did well too, with Vlad in the crowd as well. :lol:

And now they're kicking our asses...

Well they ALL play in the NHL and you said you've only got one player so ... :p

Bobsleigh:

Go Jamaica! :thumbsup:

In last place after the first run, but it's the Olympics so what the heck. Plus Bobsleigh is a sprinter's / dechatlete's type event, so they should have some top people who could be good at it.

The Aussie's run was a bit of a :shock:
EDIT:
Rank Country Run 1 Run 2 Total Diff (+)
1 Russia 1 56.25 TR 56.57 1:52.82
2 Switzerland 1 56.46 56.68 1:53.14 0.32
3 United States 1 56.34 56.84 1:53.18 0.36
30 Jamaica 1 58.42 58.81 1:57.23 4.41

And another awsome display by the Netherlands Women's 1500 Speed Skating athletes, with first, second, third and fourth. That must be some kind of Olympic record. How do they DO THAT? :cool:

Last edited:
So, our next chance to suck less would be to beat our arch rivals Austria in 2 days.

Good luck to us... :|

We are ballin now. So much success, such a small nation. Feeling real proud today. :)

I've got a bad feeling of us getting our asses kicked by Russians tomorrow...

This halfpipe skiing final is freaking amazing! The tricks they're doing are just unbelievable. I think it's my new favorite event to watch.

I've got a bad feeling of us getting our asses kicked by Russians tomorrow...

Yeah... It's always a bad sign when they (media) start to talk like "oh, they're weak, we can take 'em." :|

Can someone tell me why Germany isn't in the ice hockey tournament? I presume they've lost a qualification match or two against one of the teams present at the olympics?

They lost to Austria in the qualification tournament, even though they won the match against them in OT, according to Wikipedia.

We have the quarterfinal pairs now:

Sweden-Slovenia
Finland-Russia
Canada-Latvia
United States-Czech Republic

Congrats to Latvia for beating the Swiss team.

Last edited:
And that's as far as we'll go. Beating Austria was a pleasant surprise, but defeating the current #1 team in the IIHF world ranking is just a tad out of our reach.

The Swedes are shitting themselves I tell you, fearing a repetition of Salt Lake City 2002, where they cruised through the group stages, got the weakest opponent in the quarterfinals, which was Belarus, then lost.

Latvia and Slovenia both making it to the next round? This is my kind of madness! I was rooting for the Japanese women to beat the Germans after they got robbed in their game against Russia, but sadly no such luck.

Masalskis was a monster in the game against the Swiss.

Last edited: