2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games

I just paid 5 bucks for some TunnelBear love so I could watch the hockey game on cbc.ca. Was a great game and a very emotional win for our side. Bad luck, Austria, but you've been treading all over us in the local league for far too long. :p

You guys 100% earned the win, Slovenia's team played very cohesive team-based hockey and it paid off. Don't count yourselves out against the Swedes just yet - remember what happened to them in Salt Lake!

The Swedes are shitting themselves I tell you, fearing a repetition of Salt Lake City 2002, where they cruised through the group stages, got the weakest opponent in the quarterfinals, which was Belarus, then lost.

Last time that any team has played the olympic tournament without losing a game was Soviet Union in 1984. Finland won every game except the final in 2006. <_<

Wow, what another great day at the Games!

This halfpipe skiing final is freaking amazing! The tricks they're doing are just unbelievable. I think it's my new favorite event to watch.

It was great to watch and so was the Men's Snowboard X, as was the Skiing GS, Speed skating, Short Track, etc. :cool: But all the Freestyle events have been great to watch.

I just paid 5 bucks for some TunnelBear love so I could watch the hockey game on cbc.ca. Was a great game and a very emotional win for our side. Bad luck, Austria, but you've been treading all over us in the local league for far too long. :p

You guys 100% earned the win, Slovenia's team played very cohesive team-based hockey and it paid off. Don't count yourselves out against the Swedes just yet - remember what happened to them in Salt Lake!

Well done Slovenia & Ice. :thumbsup:

2 golds in a day, ching ching!

.. and a Silver for Moan too. :cool:

They did look in to the matter. Germany did protest.

YYYYYEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Last edited:
AND we just beat Russia in hockey!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Team Russia is gonna face one hell of an sh..storm.

Sad for Slovenia, they gave it their all right to the last second but Sweden was just too much. I was reading some stats earlier - Slovenia only has ~150 adult male hockey players according to the IIHF, so one in every six hockey playing guys in Slovenia are on their Olympic team. And they beat the Austrians, who may have more professional players on their team than Slovenia has indoor hockey rinks. That's astonishing.

In other news, gulag for Team Russia! Really looking forward to the Finland-Sweden game.

Last edited:
I'm incredibly proud of our guys and gals, not just hockey, we're very powerful in just about every winter sport. We have medallists in cross country, biathlon, ski jumping, downhill, super G and snowboarding (and I didn't even know we were competing in that last one). Not bad for a country with fewer people than most major cities in the world. :clap:

I'm cheering for team Canada but also for the Latvian goaltender. Sweet jesus is he good.

Like, seriously, 30-8 shots after the second and it's tied 1-1? Incredible. Also the Latvian goal was beautiful.

Last edited: