2014 Subaru Forester

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2023 Mazda CX-5 Premium

Autoblog said:
Subaru has released two pictures and some preliminary details of the all-new 2014 Forester that will make its public debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.

The new Forester arrives with either a 2.5-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder boxer engine that produces 170 horsepower and 174 pound-feet of torque or a 2.0-liter direct-injection turbocharged four-cylinder engine that will make 250 horsepower and 258 pound-feet of torque.

The exterior adds some more refinement and the turbo model loses its iconic hood scoop ? something some of us are glad to see go. Instead, the turbocharged Forester receives a unique front fascia, seen here in the image above. Subaru says that the Forester's fuel economy will improve, but final numbers have not been released....

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/31/2014-subaru-forester-revealed-ahead-of-la-debut/

Looks good IMO. :)

It boggles me why so many people (in my city at least) buy Lexus RX's and Acura RDX/MDX's over this.

It boggles me why so many people (in my city at least) buy Lexus RX's and Acura RDX/MDX's over this.

RX, MDX and RDX play in a totally different class. They're luxury crossovers and likely feel and drive more premium than any Forester. Sure you can get a Forester with leather, and sure this new one will likely follow in the Impreza's footsteps with a vastly improved interior w/ soft touch trim and better plastics, but it still would be no luxury CUV. One's also paying for the "experience" (ex: differences in customer care) when they buy a luxo-brand anything.

Last edited:

Because they don't want to be perceived as eco-hippie lesbians. Instead, they'd like to be perceived as rich-bitch assholes who spent too much for a Toyota or Honda.

Yeah because it makes so much sense to buy a compact crossover with a utitlarian plastic dash and materials when you are in a market for luxury 7 seat midsize SUV (mdx).

Back to the Forester. I think i read somewhere that the new 250hp direct injected engine will be CVT only, kind of a bummer.

Last edited: