2015 Adu Dhabi Grand Prix (Finally!)

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
If anyone hasn't dropped off the face of the F1 earth post Hamilton championship win, there's just one more race to go. Quali is on at the moment and Vettel is out in Q1 (to be confirmed why) and so is Alonso because of a puncture on final lap.

Last edited:
Well, Q3 looked pretty good even though the usual suspects were at the front.
Force India almost getting third would have been better, but still pleased for Kimi.
(Not so good for Williams, bummer!)

Plus fab looking track at night, even though the drivers aren't so keen on the flat circuit.

:smile:

Having lived, breathed and watched every race of F1 since 1997 I have never enjoyed a season less than this one, and I survived the 2002/4 seasons.

My reaction to the season is one of complete indifference and I often found myself skipping through races, or, in the case of Brazil and Abu Dhabi, not bothering entirely.

Even in 2002 and 2004 I watched all the races because the cars were exciting and compelling to watch, and there was always the uncertainty of reliability to mix up the result occasionally.

The tracks were better (and even then we complained about how crap Barcelona or Hungaroring was) as there was grass and gravel run off areas to catch out the careless whereas now they just blat straight over the tarmac run off and rejoin. There's nothing to look at, I tire of watching grey walls and carparks with the track denoted between two painted white lines.

I'm not saying the racing was better 15 or 10 years ago, there's no rose tinted specs here, it was often quite processional and boring. You'd yearn for a wet race, yet you can't look forward to those anymore because they run around behind the safety car until it's dry enough for intermediates.

I'll keep an eye on the pre season and the first couple of races next year, but here in Australia Foxtel who have the F1 coverage rights have lost the EPL to Optus so from next year there's no compelling reason to keep the subscription anymore.

not the most action, but i injoyed that race
great tactical battles throughout the pack

I don't see any contradiction between these two posts.

I have to agree with the Dr here

And also with Red_Bull

All these efforts to make "F1 exciting" ... It's just killing the essence of the sport.

Last edited: