2015 Australian GP.

So far everything looks pretty good to me, the sound is more prominent than it was this time last year and the cars look quite a lot better too.
It also looks like the coverage in New Zealand is getting better, there was some pre practice coverage and I saw the F1 show in the guide and they didn't do any of that last year.

I've just noticed that Torro Rosso have changed from the long nose to more of a red bull stump nose, when did that happen?

Last edited:
They ran that in Barcelona.

Practice 1, no surprises there with the ominous Merc pace there to see already. As for Kaltenborn...

Better-Call-Saul-Review.png

I know the first practice of the first GP of a season means little to nothing, but what little it means... Mercedes again a second ahead of everyone else? Well, fuck me running.

Another Mercedes dominated year ahead.

I'm very disappointed that, this being the first race of the season isn't been shown live on BBC TV.

It may seem that Mclaren will struggle for yet another year. I wonder what the consequenses will be if they fail to produce a race winning car for the third year in a row?

It's hard to say how McLaren will do this year I think, Australia will be a big struggle but I think ultimately their fate is in Honda's hands. My understanding is that McLaren's chassis is very good which is something that they lacked last year and we won't know how Alonso will perform in races of qualifying until Malaysia though I do think that they will be more competitive around mid season.

i am so glad to see this thread :D
finally they're back on track!!

Yay f1! I don't even mind getting up at the asscrack of dawn. Also McLaren 4 seconds off the pace? Ouch...

I'm as excited for news about whether we'll see Monisha Kaltenborn in jail as I am about the racing.

It may seem that Mclaren will struggle for yet another year. I wonder what the consequenses will be if they fail to produce a race winning car for the third year in a row?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the pace by midseason, by all accounts the chassis is good, and the engine is too. It seems to be niggly little failures that are holding them back.

Yay f1! I don't even mind getting up at the asscrack of dawn. Also McLaren 4 seconds off the pace? Ouch...

where will you be watching? even TF1 stopped live broadcasting :(

Giedo van der Garde has apparently reached an agreement with Sauber and he won't be racing this weekend though the talks will continue so I guess we won't be seeing Monisha Kaltenborn getting arrested or Sauber's cars get seized.
It will be interesting to see what happens next, presumably either Giedo will try and race at the next GP or a massive pay off will be arranged.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/13/f1-australian-grand-prix-sauber-giedo-van-der-garde

Ricciardo is down an engine and the 1st qualifying hasn't even started let alone the first race.

Last edited:
where will you be watching? even TF1 stopped live broadcasting :(
La deux is my only option since i refuse to pay for digital tv (which I hardly watch)
Commentary is shockingly bad though, but you can listen to bbc commentary through the interwebs

Manor didn't even bother with q1 :(

McLaren are having one hell of a rough start this year, it can't be very positive for Alonso watching at home to see how well Ferrari is doing compared to McLaren.
That said it looks like Ferrari will fight hard with Williams this year, Felipe Massa in P3, he's beating his team mate this year I think.
P4 and 5 isn't too bad for Ferrari when last year they were P5 and P12.

Two wows, Ferrari and McLaren.

We knew Ferrari was going to be fast in testing and they proved it. They are up there with Williams, which is a huge improvement for them.

McLaren. Well... not much to say about this. Hopefully they get their car sorted.

Two wows, Ferrari and McLaren.
We knew Ferrari was going to be fast in testing and they proved it. They are up there with Williams, which is a huge improvement for them.
McLaren. Well... not much to say about this. Hopefully they get their car sorted.

I think more accurately Honda need to get their engine sorted.

Manor didn't even bother with q1 :(

I don't think they ever hoped to make it. Remember, that car passed the crash test 9 days ago. They turned up, they passed scrutineering. That technically counts as having taken part in the event, thus they stay eligable to collect those 45 million of bernie money they won last year. That's what this was all about. I don't expect them to really go out before the European season. They just have to soldier on until May. Then those millions start coming in. Keep in mind, those two points of Bianchi in Monaco last year means they get more than half of what used to be their entire year's budget.

They've showed Sauber how to save yourself legally instead of setting up a Ponzi scheme.