2015 Australian GP.

The pitstops fucked Kimi big time this race first a slow stop then they couldn't get the rear wheel on.

yeah...I think some of the crew might be getting fired for that cock up.

F1 is in such a sad state. Every time I hear words about being in "fuel saving" mode, I want to choke a hippie.

Well, I don't really know what to think about the season opener. Only half the grid finished the race. Mercedes' domination at the top...was just like watching replays of last season. Altogether a so-so experience for me. Hope to see more reliability and competition in the coming races, if not for first and second place at least for the final podium spot and the remaining points.

I hope Rosberg is able to find something otherwise we're looking at Hamilton spending a lot of time in P1.
Vettel in 3rd which is a good start even though he crashed into Kimi on the start.

I bet Nasr loses seat for VdG. Wouldnt that be tragic? :lol:

Dont know why I pay to watch F1. It is just money wasted for an sport, which isnt exiting anymore.

I did shut the TV after Kimi's second stop. How much bad luck can one man have? He will propably get penalty for next race too...

Well on to next race.

Last edited:
I hope Rosberg is able to find something otherwise we're looking at Hamilton spending a lot of time in P1.
Vettel in 3rd which is a good start even though he crashed into Kimi on the start.

It was a light squeeze at most. It's so great to see some red back on the podium, and I must say, Vettel looks great in red.

I must agree with the fuel saving bullshit though. I still cringe at how much the FIA wants to stay "relevant" to the rest of the world as if it really mattered.

Disappointment is all I can really say for Mclaren. I thought the guys at Honda would've done a much better job with the time they had but hearing things like detuning for reliability is disheartening. I think this season will be heavily focused on development so come next year Alonso will lead every fucking lap and you'll all be sorry you ever doubted that hobo beard.

HOLY CRAP THE SAUBER IS IKEA COLORS THE WRITING WAS ON THE WALLS

Last edited:
It had some exciting moments, but generally a quite boring race. Did expect some retirements but not this many. Good race from the Toro Rossos and Saubers.
I wonder how many horsepowers that Honda-engine is producing? Button running at Marussia/Caterham-speeds at the back does not look good for this season.

Sidenote: First swedish F1-points since 1989 :thumbsup:
Another sidenote: Sweden 1 - Finland 0 :wink:

First points for Swedish F1 driver since 1989! Not bad.

No penalties for Kimi R?ikk?nen regarding his tire mishap so at least that's one less thing to worry about aside from missing out on what could have been 4th place.

I hope this terrible start to the season has Bernie and the FIA reconsidering their faith in these stupid engines. I find it absolutely hilarious that Renault advocated for these engines and yet they've managed to make them worse than last year!

The engines aren't stupid (on a technological level), they're a good idea that has been smothered by bad regulations from the governing body and implemented extremely badly by Renault and Honda.

Glad to see Kimi back on pace, even if he had horrible bad luck, what with being hit by Grosjean and then those problems with the left rear wheel. He wasn't the only one with difficult wheel changes though.
Mercedes seem set to dominate at least the first half of the season.
What's up with Red Bull? Ricciardo is fast, we know that. Can it really just be the engine?
McLaren. Really? That's it?

- - - Updated - - -

La deux is my only option since i refuse to pay for digital tv (which I hardly watch)
Commentary is shockingly bad though, but you can listen to bbc commentary through the interwebs
"Shockingly bad" is a euphemism. That guy should be shot. Normally there's at least some balance from the guest commentator, but no such luck this time.
Does he even watch the race?

Okay, so I was at the race today and by the time I knew there was a huge gap between Rosberg and Vettel, I lost interest. I was hoping that Ricciardo would be able to get past the Sauber, but those Ferrari engines have gotten the better of Renault. I was also hoping Kimi would've finished the race, but I didn't get to see or hear what the failure was. Real shame for Mclaren though, they had so many Honda stands at the GP and the fact that they're making them look bad...
I also got to see the podium, but couldn't see and hear shit (especially when Arnie was up there) so that was a lost cause.

I don't know how my photos turned out but I had the wrong SD card and my prescription sunglasses fell apart, but at least the weather was alright.

McLaren's performance was about on par with my expectations given pre season testing. In fact they exceeded my expectations because they got a car to the finish. There was a bit of promise in that the car didnt look totally useless in the corners but there's a long way to go. Button put in a half respectable fastest lap at the end.

Bit of a yawner though. Hopefully Ferrari and Williams can get up and challenge Mercedes a bit more.

Great drive from Felipe Nasr, who would've predicted that at the end of last year?

Cellos said:
F1 is in such a sad state. Every time I hear words about being in "fuel saving" mode, I want to choke a hippie.

Agreed. Also four engines a season is total bullshit. How much do one of these things cost to build when you actually get down to the pure manufacturing?

F1 is heading in completely the wrong direction from a sporting and financial aspect and it's pissing me off.

Last edited:
Horner calls on FIA to rein in Mercedes

Red Bull boss Christian Horner has called on the FIA to rein in Mercedes' advantage over the rest of the field after admitting Renault had a 100bhp deficit to the world champions at the season-opening Australian Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg finished half a minute ahead of the rest of the field, with Red Bull struggling for power, driveability and reliability from Renault's updated engine. Ahead of the engine regulation changes that set Mercedes on its way last year, Red Bull won four consecutive world championships making Horner's position seem somewhat hypocritical. However, he claims his team faced far more regulatory hurdles than the current champions.

"When we were winning, and we were never winning to the advantage that they have, I remember that double diffusers were banned, exhausts were moved, flexible bodywork was prohibited, engine mapping mid-season was changed ? anything was done, and that wasn't just unique to Red Bull but Williams in previous years and McLaren etc. Is it healthy to have this situation? The FIA, within the rules, have an equalisation mechanism and I think it is perhaps something we need to look at."

To emphasise the gap to Mercedes, Horner said: "We're probably 100bhp down on Mercedes at the moment.

"It's been a tough weekend and a very tough weekend for Renault. The engine is quite undriveable and you can see and hear that from the comments that the drivers are making. The clear evidence was at the start when Daniel got a pretty reasonable start before drivability came in and you can see the holes that are in the power delivery."

Asked what would happen if Mercedes dominance is allowed to continue, Horner added: "I would fear the interest will wane. I didn't see Mercedes much on the TV this afternoon and I can only imagine that's because it's not interesting watching a precession and the producer was looking to pick out other battles in the race. There wasn't that many cars out there! The highlight for me was to see Arnie on the podium!"

Horner said there is no magic bullet to catch up to Mercedes but believes the problems that McLaren-Honda and Manor faced this weekend are proof that something is wrong.

"I think they have a very reliable and a very together car. The power unit is so complicated. Looking at a company the size of Honda and the preparation time they've had, to come here and be so far off the pace at the back of the grid - it demonstrates how hard it is. Maybe these things are just too complicated. We've made life complicated and off the back of that is cost and off the back of that is why teams are in trouble - Manor couldn't even start their car. How right is that?

"The FIA have a torque sensor on every engine and they have a power output that they can see what every power unit is producing. They have the facts, they have that, and they could quite easily come up with some form of equalisation."

Sauce

Last edited:
I've got two words for Horner: TOUGH LUCK. There wasn't anything stopping Renault from doing an equally good job of their power unit as Mercedes, they just failed dismally at that task. If you want parity above all else, go to a spec series.

Red Bull certainly are not the only cars who are being destroyed by the Mercedes even the Mercedes powered teams are at least a second and a half down in qualifying.

Is there a limit on the number of engines used outside of races/pre-season?
I mean, 4 engines per season, but can't Honda have like 200 engines sitting on test benches and jigs simulating the stresses of running in cars running constantly at realistically varying RPMs and load levels to find failures and fix them?

If so, 1. that makes the 4 engine limit a pointless joke. 2. that means there's no excuse for Honda being shit, they should have had this shit sorted out before the engine was ever nailed into a car and there's some catastrophic failure of management and procedure somewhere...

Wait, does that mean the race started with just 15 cars? Is this the reality? There was lots of retirements of the first race last year. If history repeats itself again, will whoever get the opening race of the season get a raw deal? I'm sure the Australian fans were not impressed.

I see people are quick to mention Maldonado as if he's to blame for every crash he's in.

Last edited:
I've got two words for Horner: TOUGH LUCK. There wasn't anything stopping Renault from doing an equally good job of their power unit as Mercedes, they just failed dismally at that task. If you want parity above all else, go to a spec series.
This. Just STFU Horner