Spied: 2015 BMW 7-Series

Autoblog had a quick new option break-down and I'm still trying to figure this one out.

heads-up data sharing between passenger and driver via swipes

What exactly is that for? Why can't the driver and passenger just... well you know... talk? Why does the driver need to be able to swipe to the passenger and vice-versa?
The only application I can see this being used for is if the passenger want to find a destination on the SatNav and send it to the system, but wouldn't that be done on the center stack screen and not with swiping this over there and that over here?

I think you underestimate "Driver" and "Passenger".

This will most likely be for rear passenger in Long version to send navigation data to the Heads Up of the driver. We did that at ringmeet, the car had a full navigation system in the back with "send to driver" options.

Also:

Basically the passenger can look up information on a Head-Up display and with a hand gesture on the dashboard, transfer the info over to the driver.

"Honey, can you look up a restaurant?"
*Passenger looking up restaurant, sending data to driver*
Navigation without crash.

Last edited by a moderator:
That car, especially the L version, just screams China.

BMW, still making driver's cars. Right, right...?

Looks like a bigger 3-series...

What happened with the good looking 7-series like the E32 and E38?

Also I read somewhere that the top of the line version (750i and 750Li) will only be available with the 4.4L V8 engine. It's a shame because both the Mercedes S-class and the Audi A8 have the option of 12 cylinder engines.

wow, ze amount of negativity in zis room...

I for one like it, yes it looks like a big version of existing models... because the design language is similar :| and those models came out first, if the other models came out after this everyone would bitch about those being a shrunken 7 series. I like the interior stuff more, more so than the merc which looks like 2 TVs in front of the driver rather than a dashboard.

That car, especially the L version, just screams China.

BMW, still making driver's cars. Right, right...?
It's called the 2-series.

Or alternatively, get a Cadillac.

Nonono, this:

2016-bmw-2-series-active-tourer-2.jpg

Your's is a Minivan.

Also, weren't you an my side in the other thread, discussing the same topic, Jim? :|

Last edited:
Nonono, this:

2016-bmw-2-series-active-tourer-2.jpg

Your's is a Minivan.

Also, weren't you an my side in the other thread, discussing the same topic, Jim? :|
I'm still on your side (like I said, Cadillac makes the best BMWs these days), but I don't remember the thread. Linky?

No problemo

We're still not talking absolutes, just trends.

Although it's really not great that developing the driving experience took a backseat (so funny) for the new 7.

I never thought I'd say this but, who in their right mind would buy this over the current S-class? How banal.

Looks like a bigger 3-series...

I had the same thought, expanded to all the Germans. Right now, the C-Class looks like a baby S-Class, this looks like a grown-up F30, and all Audis are indistinguishable. Granted, in this case I don't mind, as I quite like the looks of the F30...

I never thought I'd say this but, who in their right mind would buy this over the current S-class? How banal.

I thought that was always a problem in this class: there's the Mercedes and then everything else?

"Would you like a BMW 3-Series that's much more expensive and harder to park?" - :jeremy:

wow, ze amount of negativity in zis room...

I for one like it, yes it looks like a big version of existing models... because the design language is similar :| and those models came out first, if the other models came out after this everyone would bitch about those being a shrunken 7 series. I like the interior stuff more, more so than the merc which looks like 2 TVs in front of the driver rather than a dashboard.

I also like it, in person it looks imposing but not massive like the previous 7 series.