Spied: 2015 BMW 7-Series

I?like it. :-|

VxWNp4l.gif

Me too. The Bangle period was a train wreck for the 7-series (et al :p).

No kidding. I've just gotten used to the E60 and E61 though. It took me a decade. When it replaced the E39 back in the day it felt like someone had murdered a good friend.

I think this car looks great.

No kidding. I've just gotten used to the E60 and E61 though. It took me a decade. When it replaced the E39 back in the day it felt like someone had murdered a good friend.

the point exactly!
i prefer them making a challenging design that takes a decade to grow to you, than this japanse generic look that will be dated in 5 years time

that being said, from that generation, i still don't like the e60 :lol:
but the e90, e63 and e65 are dead gorgeous
to bad they ruined the e90-nose on the coupe (e92)

Last edited:
+ lightweight is the way to go
+ engines are great
+ looks are one step up again, let's forget bangle ever happened
+ Interior is really a nice place to be (sat in it)
+ gesture control is good to keep eyes on road
+ the hybrid powertrain is impressive for a car that size
+ WELCOME LIGHT CARPET!
+ A remote control with a touchscreen

- A remote control with a touchscreen
- the remote parking feature is an asshole feature, which will make 7-series squeeze into narrow parking spaces blocking the doors of the other cars
- good luck repairing that carbon enforced body in case of a shunt
- the kidneys are now wider than belgium
- everything is an option
- electronics and plastics in that car mean it will never be a used car you want to own once it is out of warranty
- I hate those fake huge chrome tips everyone puts on their cars now...there is a tiny exhaust hidden behind them

In the end, business as usual.

BMW 7: Drivers Limo
Merc S: Luxury winner (new S-Class will 1 up this by definition)
Audi A8: Still exists I guess
Phaeton: I AM SPECIAL

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like BMW and Cadillac have switched places: BMW is making wafty barges, while Cadillac is making good worthwhile sports sedans!

It's like BMW and Cadillac have switched places: BMW is making wafty barges, while Cadillac is making good worthwhile sports sedans!

Uhm, what car does Daew....Ope....Cadillac make again that competes with 7 Series, S-Class etc. and is equally sporty?

the S-class is sporty?

but i agree with mjk, BMW used to make cool driver cars, but now just makes blobs
and cadillac went the other way...

Uhm, what car does Daew....Ope....Cadillac make again that competes with 7 Series, S-Class etc. and is equally sporty?

The Cadillac CT6? While no one's driven it yet, if the CTS and ATS are anything to go by, it'll be right up there with the 7 series and S-Class as far as sportiness is concerned.

It also wasn't developed by Daewoo/GM Korea in any form - They tend to work on GM's compact and smaller vehicles.