Ownership Verified: 2015 Fiat 500e

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
17005203951_41b0e3cd6a_c.jpg

Due to some ridiculously cheap lease deals going on right now, I picked up a new Fiat 500e (full electric) as a city/work commute car while the Audi stays in the garage until weekends and long distance drives.

16353284314_bc73574b51_c.jpg

16788193070_e5375f0a5b_c.jpg

16980111736_12a28149e9_c.jpg

16818578850_eca9fbe67e_c.jpg

I'm also interested in driving impressions. Have you driven the normal 500? I rented one while in California and it was just awful to drive. The engine was made of bees and disappointment.

I'd be more interested in a comparison of this to the Nissan Leaf, BMW i3 and Chevy Spark EV than the regular 500.

This is exactly what an electric car should be: just for the inner city commute, small, agile. So I have to agree with CrzRsn, it'd be nice to see it compared to similar EVs. However, for that use case, I think the 500 beats the ones mentioned above in that whole "style" category. Personally, I don't very much like its design, but a whole lot of people seem to do.

So erm, yay for you and god damn those orange parts... slightly too aggressive for my taste :D

my regular workdays would benefit electric car, but sometimes i do drive over 100km work related driving/day so would need some sort of hybrid :/

Cool. How is to drive? I've heard good things.
Nah its not enjoyable to drive, sits too high and the high rolling resistance small tires have squirrely handling. But my commute to work and weekday driving is stop n go traffic doesn't allow for any fun driving anyway so it doesn't matter. So it works fine for what it is and so ridiculously easy to park on the streets:

17004655015_a49c13f149_c.jpg

I'm also interested in driving impressions. Have you driven the normal 500? I rented one while in California and it was just awful to drive. The engine was made of bees and disappointment.
The driving dynamics are not much better than the standard 500 EXCEPT, the weight of the battery packs give the car a more stable lower center of gravity. I think with real tires and better wheels the handling would improve dramatically, but I cannot be bothered to invest that kind of $$$ in this car. The Audi still needs new summer ultra hi performance tires first (been running high performance all seasons during the winter snowboarding season).

Perhaps after I pay my taxes.

What kind of deal did you get, if you don't mind me asking? I know a few people who'd really be interested.

I drove one briefly before, and had a great time with it. Other than that good ol' Fiat Catholic school seating position, of course.

What kind of deal did you get, if you don't mind me asking? I know a few people who'd really be interested.

I drove one briefly before, and had a great time with it. Other than that good ol' Fiat Catholic school seating position, of course.
Around a little over $100/month x 36 mos and zero down.

Congrats! Consider me jealous, I have a soft spot for this car, but live about as far as I can from CA without being buried in snow.

:blink: That is a stonking great deal!
Yes. That's why the deal was being widely circulated around the Internet and social media. And inventories of the 2015 cars have been disappearing quickly.

I don't know if it's available in all states however.

Do they even sell this in europe outside of (presumably) italy?

It's only for sale in California and Oregon. It's not even available in Europe, last time I checked.
Not even in Europe, now that's the pretty interesting. Had no idea the availability was that restricted

The "12 days of hire car included per year of ownership" sounds like a brilliant idea to make it less of a second-or-third-car only.