2015 Formula 1 Season Thread

Wonder if that means he will shave the beard off.

Wonder if that means he will shave the beard off.

Just imagine how cool it was for Fernando when they told him not only was he a F1 driver, but a double world champion!

Speaking of McLaren, any news about the livery (I'm still crossing my fingers for white and red)

Well Sauber have found themselves in a bit of a mess, Giedo van der Garde wasn't given his seat that he was promised for this year so he just went ahead and sued for it and he's won, so unless the team's appeal goes their way then Either Nasr or Erricson will find they don't have a drive anymore despite apparently having to fork out 15 million a race for the privilege.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/10/giedo-van-der-garde-wins-sauber-court-case

?I?m looking forward to going back to the team and we?ll work hard to do our best for this weekend.I still have a very good relation with the team. I?m looking forward to racing this weekend.?

what a hypocrite :lol:

he's right to fight them, but he should've just demanded money...how can he expect to be trusted by them ever again?
(or how can he trust them ever again, because it Sauber who fucked him...)

Last edited:
It's kind of unprecedented isn't it. I'd just have sued for loss of earnings and got a year's salary out of them. But to be fair, the "contracts are worthless in F1" thing has went way too far, so I'm fine with teams and drivers being held to them. Holding teams and drivers to their commitments will just make them sign shorter term (1-2 season) deals. Fine.

Gonna be an awkward bloody garage though. I guess we're about to find out which driver brings the least money. I hope he gets a refund.

I'd just have sued for loss of earnings and got a year's salary out of them.

that was my first reaction as well...but for that, he first should've been eligible for a salary
i think he payed for his seat with sponsorship, and Sauber weren't paying him anything...

EDIT: according to twitter, Vettel just named his first ferrari EVA, to the first women to walk the earth...
(yes, i'm bored, and it's slow news day...)

only link i could find: http://f1-insider.com/postkarte-aus-melbourne-teil-1/

EDIT 2: Sauber their problem is fixed!
B_0cf_FUYAASf8C.jpg

:lol:

Last edited:
It's kind of unprecedented isn't it. I'd just have sued for loss of earnings and got a year's salary out of them. But to be fair, the "contracts are worthless in F1" thing has went way too far, so I'm fine with teams and drivers being held to them. Holding teams and drivers to their commitments will just make them sign shorter term (1-2 season) deals. Fine.

Gonna be an awkward bloody garage though. I guess we're about to find out which driver brings the least money. I hope he gets a refund.

Looking at the test livery of the Sauber, I have a strong suspicion it won't be the Brazilian looking on from the garage.

Looking at the test livery of the Sauber, I have a strong suspicion it won't be the Brazilian looking on from the garage.

I keep hearing Ericsson brings huge money, but when I look at their car....where is it? Are there any Swedish sponsors on there?

That is the question I think, If Giedo van der Garde is driving then one of the other guys will have to sit it out, will it be Erricson or Nasr, it would be a bit awkward to dump Nasr since I think it's his sponsor which is defining the livery of the car and would this court case leave them open to another lawsuit from whichever driver is dumped? Or even their sponsors who supposedly brought more money to the table then Giedo's.

Update

Appeal is dismissed so it is time to wait and see who is about to lose a Sauber drive.

Last edited:
I think it will be Ericsson that has to sit out this one if it goes that far. But I really hope they can resolve this before it comes to that. I think some money in the right pocket could solve this.
To be honest, would you want to be the driver who got the seat because the court has said so? I think the mood in the garage would be a bit weird.

he's right to fight them, but he should've just demanded money...how can he expect to be trusted by them ever again?
(or how can he trust them ever again, because it Sauber who fucked him...)
It's kind of unprecedented isn't it. I'd just have sued for loss of earnings and got a year's salary out of them.
The problem is that van der Garde probably has contractual obligations to fulfill towards the sponsors paying for his drive as well. The very sponsors who most likely are bankrolling his lawyers, as well.

Sauber?s attempt to overturn an Australian court?s ruling that Giedo van der Garde must be allowed to race for them has failed.

The Supreme Court of Victoria dismissed the team?s appeal in a ruling on Thursday afternoon. Sauber was also ordered to pay van der Garde?s legal costs.

However the race weekend entry list issued by the FIA did not include van der Garde. Marcus Ericsson and Felipe Nasr remain Sauber?s nominated drivers.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/12/sauber-loses-appeal-against-van-der-garde-judgement/

The problem is that van der Garde probably has contractual obligations to fulfill towards the sponsors paying for his drive as well. The very sponsors who most likely are bankrolling his lawyers, as well.

I think his backer is his wife's dad, who's worth over a billion. He married into a well minted family.

This could all end with Monisha being arrested and Sauber's assets seized for contempt of court. They seem to be trying everything to wriggle their way out of their legal obligations, including writing to the FIA's Contract Recognition Board to try to get VDG's superlicense application blocked.

Dirty underhanded shit to try to mitigate a problem entirely of their own making.

Maybe they could run their drivers like a conveyer belt, for Australia they'll run VDG and Nasr then for Malaysia Ericcson and VDG then Nasr and Errison then VDG and Nasr for the next race.

maybe sauber should just enter a 3rd car? :lol:
they do have a spare tub, right?

Maybe you shouldn't sign contracts with 2 drivers when you already have 1 driver's contract still running.

Well we all take it as a given that Sauber don't have that kind of cash, so if that's 15 million Europe-bucks in team shares, GVDG has played a blinder here, since it seems like Sauber can have a good constructors finish this year.