lotus-elise-1_01.jpg

lotus-elise-2.jpg

lotus-elise-3.jpg

lotus-elise-4.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5652135/2015-lotus-elise/gallery/1

Elan:

500x_2014_lotus_elan.jpg

Jalopnik said:
This 2014 Lotus Elan won't just have a 450 HP V8, but its design was inspired by Mario Andretti's 1978 Formula One car. We didn't realize F1 used to have roofs, but who cares when there's a lotus this hot.

Not much info yet.

Last edited:
[...]Not much info yet.
on the elise:
well ... they?ve still have/need (!) 5 years figuring out how to actually build it. So they won?t even have decided what to build it from and how to power it. Apart from the looks (wich I like a lot) they haven?t got a single bit they could tell us about.

2015 ... lol, I wasn?t expecting reading about cars here that I can buy in 5 years. I know Lotus is a small company and all ... but 5 years? Even in the car industry - that strikes me a being "long". Or are they waiting for those looks to go out of fashion again? It looks good now. Build it now Lotus.
Hell, 5 years ... there can be a bad chinese copy of that car on the road in half in year Lotus!!!!

Last edited:
you fogot one, the elite

lotus_elite.jpg

lotus_elite_2_02.jpg

The Lotus Elite is the new Lotus gentleman's car, offering a trick retractable hardtop with up to 600 hp thanks to a KERS-inspired hybrid boost system and, probably, the new "Lotus" V8. They say it's full of wonderful contradictions.

More details will be coming soon, but we wanted to get the information to you as soon as possible.

I think I don't like the Elise. We'll see.

500x_2014_lotus_elan.jpg

This 2014 Lotus Elan won't just have a 450 HP V8, but its design was inspired by Mario Andretti's 1978 Formula One car.[...]

marioandretti_lotus-cosworth_jarama_1978.jpg

If you push your eyelids together really hard so that everything turns into a blur, but you can still see a little bit ... then ... and just then ... is this inspiration visible.

:lol: even as the marketing-bullshit that these sort of statements always are ... this is the stupidest thing I?ve ever heard.

Well they both have 4 wheels, but yeah, I struggled to see the link :lol:

I do need that elise in my life though :drool:

I do like the Elan. I need to see more photos of the Elise before I can say anything positive or negative about it.

Lotus has forgotten who they are and why their current customers buy their cars.

They just don't look like lotus's to me....at all....they look like polished over road cars with track history instead of track cars that are street legal like they should be.

The Elan looks beautiful. The Elise is a bit too much of a change for me. I love the look of the current one, so I hope they bring back the curves on the nose a bit more. It looks a bit bland atm.

They just don't look like lotus's to me....at all....they look like polished over road cars with track history instead of track cars that are street legal like they should be.

Lotus_Esprit_S2.jpg

1965_Lotus_Elan_GTS_Vintage_Race_Car_Driver_Side_1.jpg

lotus-europa-1965-1.jpg

lotus-elite-1973-1.jpg

they look like road cars to me...
the elise/exige is the only track focussed car lotus has made!

Not too sure about the Elise, looks kinda heavy to me.

Does anybody else think that they look like miniature-Lambos? Atleast at the front

Still those are really pretty cars!

Parkinson's?

simplify and add lightness

yeah

I do like the Elan. I need to see more photos of the Elise before I can say anything positive or negative about it.

Let me help you with the negative...

Weight jumps to about 2,400 pounds from the current approximately 2,000 pounds of car.