2015 Malaysian Grand Prix

Let's not overlook a certain Dutch Toro Rosso driver becoming the youngest points scorer in F1 by a whopping two and a half years.

EDIT: Whoops, he finished 7th, not 6th. I had the impression he finished 6th and would have scored under any points system since 1960.

Last edited:
I'm speechless. I'm shocked with what they've done in so little time. I'm not sure I can imagine Alonso's frustration right now.

Great work by the Italians, somewhow they must not be a bunch of lazy monkeys anymore (something people like MacGuffin have repeated ad-nauseam in this sub-forum) and managed to create a fantastic car between expresso pauses. It must be all thanks to Vettel.

Yeah. This x 1000.

Great race. I didn't think I'd be rooting for Vettel to win so soon, but it was nice seeing someone challenge Mercedes on even footing and win. Great job to the Scuderia. Hopefully Raikkonen will not have such bad luck next race and challenge the silver cars as well.

Lews and Nico: "We want Ferrari up here fighting with us!"
Two weeks later, happy now?

I guess Red Bull have to change the flavour of their whine from "Mercs are dominating we need equalization or we'll quit" to "we're just not good enough we'll quit!"

Let's not overlook a certain Dutch Toro Rosso driver becoming the youngest points scorer in F1 by a whopping two and a half years.

And will remain so forever surely, with the change in the super-license rules to requiring a driver to be 18+

Last edited:
Hamilton looked pretty surprise to learn that Vettel was only 3 points behind him in the championship.
I think Red Bull can probably only see comfort in that McLaren have even further to go than they do, they're losing to Torro Rosso and Sauber in the championship right now though I can't imagine Sauber will stay up there for very long having had a non points finish today.

Yeah. This x 1000.

Yes, yes, yes, they have pulled themselves together faster than expected. I'd never say that's the doing of Sebastian Vettel, that would be stupid.

But there has been a kind of reboot in the Scuderia, nobody can deny that. Sometimes a team needs some fresh input, though, and it certainly didn't hurt to cut some old ties.

The most interesting question hasn't been answered yet by the Ferrari fans here, though: Is Sebastian Vettel your new hero now and how are you going to react to "the finger" from now on? :p

Last edited:
WHAT AN AWESOME RACE!!!!!!!!! well done to Vettel and Ferrari, very deserved win

but the real winner today was F1! we have some sort of championship battle on our hands! how awesome is that!

button was funny "guys, it looks like i'm catching some cars!!" :lol:

The one race they don't put on Free to Air live in Aus and it's a hell of a lot better than Melbourne.

That was a good race! Hopefully Ferrari can continue being a thorn in Mercedes' side!

Well, that was sort of surprising. Even though I'm a Hamilton fan..I was rooting for Vettel there at the end. And you could definitely see the emotion all over his face on the podium.

Still Lewis, second isn't so bad.

Lews and Nico: "We want Ferrari up here fighting with us!"
Two weeks later, happy now?

I guess Red Bull have to change the flavour of their whine from "Mercs are dominating we need equalization or we'll quit" to "we're just not good enough we'll quit!"

And will remain so forever surely, with the change in the super-license rules to requiring a driver to be 18+

Presumably that wouldn't mean drivers who have previously held one (Like Max).

Anyway, maybe we might have a championship chase afterall?

I never thought I'd be pleased to see Vettel's "finger gesture" but I swear angels were singing during that podium.

Real life has gotten in the way with mah Formula 1, moving to another continent and getting a full time job, I only now heard about the win. Great job, I thought this year would be hopeless too, it's nice to be proven wrong sometimes.

Gonna get the race and watch it now despite spoiling myself of the results.

Well that's better now isn't it. I won't go all "AWESOME" race since it's still Vettel and I still kinda hate him, but it's good that they can properly threaten the Mercs now. Gutted for Kimi though, he has the worst luck, and now in the best/second best car there is.

Ricciardo was all over the place though, but you have to be impressed by Verstappen v2...

Yes, yes, yes, they have pulled themselves together faster than expected. I'd never say that's the doing of Sebastian Vettel, that would be stupid.

But there has been a kind of reboot in the Scuderia, nobody can deny that. Sometimes a team needs some fresh input, though, and it certainly didn't hurt to cut some old ties.

The most interesting question hasn't been answered yet by the Ferrari fans here, though: Is Sebastian Vettel your new hero now and how are you going to react to "the finger" from now on? :p

Vettel has been a welcome addition and I concede the notion that he falls under the 'professor' world of F1 drivers and is excellent at providing technical feedback as you've said for a long time. However, I think there is one piece we can't ignore: The engine.

The engine is finally at the proper power level to keep pace, Vettel's addition has had nothing to do with the work they've done there. I always thought they had a decent engine from a reliability standpoint, they just lacked significant pace which I think they were able to focus more on during this past off season. This is also why I though the restriction on engine development is/was too strict, especially for a radically new engine.

[STRIKEOUT]I think if Raikkonen has a bit of luck, we might see him in the top 5 positions as well.[/STRIKEOUT]

Last edited:
I don't dislike Lewis so much for him (if that makes sense) any more. It's just the constant cheerleading and arse kissing from the SkySports F1 presenters. Yeah he's British, but there are 19 other drivers who have fans over here too. The same with that idiot Murray in tennis (although I DON'T like him)

I just hope that this will put the "Vettel can only win in Newey" cars at rest. He has won races for three teams now. Two of them owe him their first ever wins. Yes, he needs a decent car to win, but so does every other driver. Even Alonso couldn't win in that McLaren-Honda. It also puts Danny RIC into perspective. Everyone was hailing him as the next best thing - where is he now? Getting punked by a 17 year old kid from the B team.

I think today we should celebrate that Merc have been beaten on merit for the first time since the begin of that dreadful V6 dyson era. But Malaysia is the odd man out. Allison's cars have always excelled at extremely hot tracks. We aint gonna get much of those.

Its amazing how that bloke who only won because he was driving the Newey car can somehow still win. Better yet, the people who always banged on about how much they couldn't stand him all have ferrari usernames/avatars.
Lulz.

I know it... This is gonna be the greatest season ever. :mrgreen: I'm also extremely happy that I don't have to cheer for RBR anymore, as they seem to have become somewhat of an embarrassment.

Seriously, hat's fucking off to Ferrari for fixing their power unit, and then putting it into a dynamite car. I'm seriously fucking impressed with them this year.

Makes me wish though, that they had cleaned house in 2010, when they hired Alonso on.

ETA> DAMMIT FERRARI, HURRY UP AND RELEASE THE VETTEL HATS! I NEED ONE!

Last edited:
but it's good that they can properly threaten the Mercs now.

Wouldnt go nuts just yet, there were a few extenuating factors such as the heat but it was nice to see something other than a Mercedes win on merit. I dont think it sets the tone for the season ahead just yet but will be glad to be proven wrong. Yeah, there's me hoping for Vettel in a Ferrari to do well this year. The world has truly gone mad :p

As they alluded to in the commentary though, the world will seem right once Ferrari, McLaren and Williams are back at the front where they belong :p