Unveiled: 2015 Renault/Dacia Kwid

Kind of impressed that that thing has digital gauges and a touchscreen.

Digital gauges (at least this kind, with monochrome segments) are probably way cheaper to make than actual electro-mechanical dials.

The touchscreen is probably there because the target market for these have smartphones, unlike the target market for something like a Buick. :p

I disagree.

This car looks absolutely spot on for Indian or Brazilian market. High ground clearance, plastic bumpers against small hits, narrow tires with lots of rubber to go over gravel and rocks without scratching wheels, funky interior.

Trust me, this is gonna sell well in these markets. It's just not for Europe. Well maybe for UK B-Roads, they come close to India conditions.

The Dacia Sandero Stepway is a small hatchback on stilts with plastic bumpers, and it seems to be selling very well in the UK.

If this is a similar idea, or even a baby Dacia Duster, then it will sell like hot cakes.

If I for some reason was in the market for a Sandero, I would look at the stepway too. Why not make a practical car slightly more practical? It's not like it has any other qualities that would be spoiled. :p

I just looked at the prices though. The basic Sandero 1.2 starts at 9999,08?. It comes with exclusive equipment like black bumpers and door handles, manually adjustable door mirrors and a 12V socket.

The Stepway starts out with the 90hp tCe turbocharged 3-pot and the "Jubileum+" package, which means you have to have a bunch of toys. Jubileum+ includes a touchscreen with nav and bluetooth, trip computer, color coded body parts, air conditioning, cruise control, height adjustable steering wheel and seatbelts (!) and whatnot... basically, stuff most people take for granted when they're shopping for a new car in 2015. You also get the little faux-offroader plastic body bits because Stepway.

The problem is this jacks up the price to 14999?, or in other words, a 50% price hike. :lol: I guess I wouldn't be looking at a Stepway after all.

I'm especially amused by the fact that you don't get an adjustable steering wheel in any Sandero unless you go for the highest trim level. And no money in the world buys you a reach adjustable wheel.

Last edited:
Kwid Climber and Kwid Racer:

2016_concept_Unveiled__specification_price_Kwid_Climber_New_features_Renault.jpg

Renault-Kwid-Climber-front-three-quarters-left-at-Auto-Expo-2016.jpg

price__2016_concept_Renault_Kwid_Racer_Unveiled_New_features_specification.jpg

Renault-Kwid-Racer-rear-three-quarters-at-Auto-Expo-2016.jpg

The Kwid racer looks cool, it also looks like it could only have 75 BHP.

Cheap Dacias/Renaults are my guilty pleasure. This one looks good. However it looks like the same incredibly shitty media system they use in Sandero.

That's an error with the photochoppin. Should just be km.

maybe dial is on the "average speed" for the moment.

Pacemaker warning light?

Lol, poor lil thing! Also, an easy way to swap the engine, just let it "adapt" to usage conditions for a few miles.

Digital gauges (at least this kind, with monochrome segments) are probably way cheaper to make than actual electro-mechanical dials.

^THIS^ They were standart on cheap mopeds for years.