2015 United States Grand Prix

Kiskaloo

So Austin did a pretty convincing imitation of Sepang, with Free Practice 2 cancelled due to torrential rain and lightning and too low ambient light levels to see.

Fortunately Free Practice 1 did kick off and with there never having been a wet running of the race, all the teams and drivers were out pounding out the laps with the exception of Pastor Maldonado, who suffered a gearbox issue on his Installation Lap and never went out again.

Weather for FP3 and Qualifying tomorrow looks somewhat poor, though not as bad as it was today. So for those DVRing, you might want to set some extra time at the end. Race day looks a fair bit better and even if it does rain, the circuit seems to drain and dry exceptionally quickly.

Qualifying is live now. Unfortunately Carlos Sainz Jr. had a crash and it's red flagged for the moment.

They just announced Q3 is cancelled so Nico Rosberg is on pole due to his Q2 time. Lewis is P2 so unless they run the entire race behind the safety car, he should be good for the win. With Vettel dropping from P5 to P15 for penalties, should be pretty straightforward for Lewis to clinch his third World Championship later this afternoon.

They just announced Q3 is cancelled so Nico Rosberg is on pole due to his Q2 time. Lewis is P2 so unless they run the entire race behind the safety car, he should be good for the win. With Vettel dropping from P5 to P15 for penalties, should be pretty straightforward for Lewis to clinch his third World Championship later this afternoon.

There won't be anything straight forward about it, he has to finish ahead of Rosberg to win it.

Cars are on track for formation laps so that is a good thing.

There won't be anything straight forward about it, he has to finish ahead of Rosberg to win it.

I am confident that Lewis can take Nico on a wet or wet-to-drying track. And I don't see Seb finishing 3rd, which he needs to do.

EDIT 1: As I was saying... :) Though Seb up 7 spots before the end of Lap 1 is impressive.

EDIT 2: So closing on half-distance with Nico back in front and Seb to 4th and chasing down Lewis. Least it isn't boring! :lol:

Last edited:
If people still think this is boring they need serious help

Oh Nico all you had a pretty good race up until the end, there was hope and then there it went.

Last edited:
:lol: I hope this becomes a meme.

The best part was Paddy Lowe staring bullets at Nico afterwards. :lol: