2016 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
3 laps to go, championship on the line, no thread. Kinda shows how boring they've managed to make F1 huh?

Dunno why they're playing Vettel's chances up so hard. Anyone can see he's no threat to the Mercs, those "flying tyres" are gone.

"I'm losing the championship so I don't care if I win or lose this race."

Reminds me why a lot of people don't like him. Not to mention being defeatist. The race wasn't over, and his tactic might still have worked.

Boo to Mercedes for attempting to micromanage the race, when literally no one else but their two drivers could win the championship, and they already had the constructors' title sewn up.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC
Not very cool in the hot seat...
Called it (Vettel not able to get past a single Mercedes) 10 laps ago while the Sky guys were playing it like everything was wide open.

Anyway, Rosberg wins, wohoo. Boring as fuck.

Very exciting race down at the end. Love seeing Hamilton win and have zero people care that he won. Glad Rosberg stuck it to him, especially with him playing sore loser the entire race.

Lose with grace, Louis. I know you're competitive, but lose with grace.

Reactions: TC
It was good to see Sebastian change up the grid though Ferrari didn't do Kimi any favours with the pitstops. Kimi's pace seemed to drop out at the end of the race anyway, and Nico Rosberg is a world champion.

2nd winless year in the past 3. Fuck me running. This is not Ferrari worthy. Nobody wearing red should be celebrating.

Amazing race, and congratulations to the new champion! First new champion since Vettel in 2010!

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm losing the championship so I don't care if I win or lose this race."

What a whiny, petulant little bitch. The cunt deserves to lose, with that attitude.

What attitude, that of a racing driver? He'd be a little bitch if he didn't do anything possible to cling on that title.

For us, the spectators, that resulted in an exciting race, and the gamble might as well have bitten in his arse, since if Vettel passed Rosberg, he could have the pace to get Hamilton too

True but, even if Vettel would have gotten past both Mercs, the end result would have been the same.... I don't understand Lewis's whinging

If Vettel passes Rosberg, but not Hamilton: That leaves Rosberg busy with Vettel, so Verstappen gets within DRS of Rosberg and makes a go for it, possibly either crashing Rosberg out or leaving him in 4th. Either way, Hamilton wins the race, and Rosberg is not on the podium, thus Hamilton wins the championship.

If Vettel passes both Rosberg and Hamilton on his supersofts: Rosberg is 3rd or 4th, but Hamilton is 2nd, and Rosberg wins the championship.

Either way, holding Rosberg up was Hamilton's best shot at the championship, since:

If Hamilton does nothing and Rosberg just peacefully cruises in 2nd: Rosberg wins championship.

He was backing him up hoping for a crash, a run-off, Verstappen getting past at the same time as Vettel, whatever. It was the only thing he could have done to win the championship.So yeah it was not badly played by Hamilton, it didn't work, gg see you next time.

Also for people who are saying this was the most thrilling championship decider in 20 years (saw on Reddit), fuck right off. Abu Dhabi 2010 is all I have to say.

Verstappen had no hope on old tyres....

Glad to see Nico get the championship, he deserves it. Lewis was a disgraceful prick by the end of it. Way to show you have no integrity. I would have loved to see Nico make a banzai move on Lewis and crash them both out. I mean, if the ends really do justify the means in this sport. But glad to see Nico stay cool and be an honorable champion.

Called it (Vettel not able to get past a single Mercedes) 10 laps ago while the Sky guys were playing it like everything was wide open.

I think Seb was just happy to be back on the podium at this rate so he could finish ahead of Verstappen in the WDC. If he pushed, he likely would not have caught Lewis and he risked an accident with Nico.

Also for people who are saying this was the most thrilling championship decider in 20 years (saw on Reddit), fuck right off. Abu Dhabi 2010 is all I have to say.

Much less Brazil 2008. That was thrilling, if also a bit heart-breaking for Massa.

that was one awesome race! been long since i've been tensed up from start to finish!
what a drive by verstappen again!
how stupid must the other feel they only managed to finish just in front of someone who spun and was dead last after the first lap

Last edited:
Glad to see Nico get the championship, he deserves it. Lewis was a disgraceful prick by the end of it. Way to show you have no integrity. I would have loved to see Nico make a banzai move on Lewis and crash them both out. I mean, if the ends really do justify the means in this sport. But glad to see Nico stay cool and be an honorable champion.

Absolutely, and I was drinking in the tears of the Lewis Hamilton fanclub which masquerades as the Sky F1 team. The moment the team gave Lewis the order to let it go, was the moment what he was doing became unacceptable. His conduct when things don't go for him is like the behaviour of a petulant, spoilt child.

Made up for Nico, I love it when a son emulates his father, and I've followed him since the early years at Williams. It was also nice to see him get his reward for helping build Mercedes along with Michael.

One last note for Jenson and Fillipe, it was sad to see them bow out - Jenson was hilarious on Ted's Notebook though.