Ownership Verified: 2016 Chevy (Holden) SS (Commodore)

It looks great! What about the interior chrome bits? Does Holden manufacture black or something not chrome?

Thanks I am extremely happy with it

Yes those are on the list, I also want to get a roto fab intake and the Holden grill along with the black upper and lower window trim.

are these pieces expensive?

I paid $430 shipped for those pieces, the roto fab is $400, interior pieces are $250, 2016 Holden grill is $365 a 2014/15 is $295.

"slightly" upgraded brakes will be showing up soon
4D131334-9266-4F70-B160-C60AB974984B_zpskaoro0n51.jpg

What do these bring to the table the stocks don't?

Massive increase in performance, I like the stock Brembos but those are sexy as hell and I got them for a massive discount over what GM would sell everything for new I not only got the calipers but the two piece rotors and a set of Hawk pads as well.

So the brakes finally came and I dipped my wheels to see if I would like the color for when I get the wheels powder coated. I did four coats of flat black followed by three coats of the graphite metalizer, in the sun the metal flake is easier to see. I think it makes the car look MUCH better

Those look the same as my gen-2 CTS-V brakes, specifically this picture:
20150709_162235.jpg

15in (380mm) 2-piece rotors, 6-pots calipers, also shared with the 6th-gen Camaro ZL1.

If the same thing, then I'm curious as to if they are direct-fit with no modifications. After all, we share wheel bolt pattern amongst other things, as I had to find out when I was trying to source wheel adapters, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just bolt right on.

More people buying these things from GM for their Nissan S13s and Subarus, then cheaper parts for me when it's time for my own replacement!

*edited to add* yes, they are good brakes from what I can tell. My car weighed in at 4250lbs at Mission Raceway, and they repeatedly hauled the whole thing down from 115mph to "paddock speed" all night long. Also, brake bleeds are a total breeze compared to my BMWs, but that might be a Brembo thing in general.

Last edited:
Basically the same calipers (ZL1 14.6" Rotors, ZL1 6 Piston caliper) and a direct fit unless you want stainless lines which is a pretty hot topic right now on the SS forums due to no one making an exact line for the SS. I will probably get some 3mm spacers to make sure they clear the factory wheels. Most of the 6 piston calipers GM uses are more or less the same, some guys have bought the CTS-V calipers some from the ZL1 and some from the Vette.

The SS comes in around 3950 with the full size spare and a sun roof being the biggest influence on additional weight. I will also be getting them powder coated not really sure what color yet, I like the metallic grey on the wheels so a grey on the calipers might not be a good idea no sense in hiding those monster calipers I want people to notice them lol.

Bow ties off angry Lions on (my daughter asked if it would go faster with the lions :D)

I have not installed the brakes yet I did get around to changing their color. I will be changing the plasti dip on the wheels to a bronze/copper color if I like it I will either get the stock set powder coated in a similar color and get some 5mm spacers to clear the bigger brakes or go aftermarket with a large enough offset to not need the spacers.

I also threw on a Roto Fab a few months ago and relocated the IAT inside the airbox instead of having it site .25" from the upper radiator hose :bangin:

Not sure where to go from here I have two years or 19k miles left on the power train a tune and what not probably will not happen for a while, I will be needing rear tires sooner rather than later for some reason.

Maybe a paint correction and ceramic coating from Ceramic Pro with their 9H lifetime coating?

Cfg6Z3D.jpg

a7lpmga.jpg

2SDVstQ.jpg

zgUkGSk.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe clear bra the front?

Already have 1/3 of the hood/fenders, mirrors and bumpers done last year.

I will not be doing the airbag swap and the center caps are those heavy embossed style stickers with 3m tape much cheaper than the OEM center caps GM wants to sell.

Tires will be either the new Conti Extremes or Michelin Pilot Sport 4s (had the PSS on the Jag and really liked them)

Is it just me or are the photos not working?

They're working on tapatalk

I used my google photo account, what other services are people using for hosting?

No working for me on Safari.