Ownership Verified: 2016 Dodge Charger R/T -- I needed a V8 in my life

JCE

Car(s)
2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
Traded my V6 for a V8 and life is good. The abundance of power is extremely satisfying. The 8spd auto is super smooth and power is always available. I love it. Gotta get used to the front and rear design as I liked my old Charger's styling.

FYI, 5.7L V8 w/370bhp & 395 torque

Proof pic and car pics attached as well as a video of my awesome V8 noise.

Attachments

• IMG_4902.JPG
    IMG_4902.JPG
    880.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4896b.JPG
    IMG_4896b.JPG
    834 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4917b.jpg
    IMG_4917b.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I agree, the face lifted model you had was nicer but, you cannot beat the 8-speed.

Congrats!

My god this car is fast as shit. I managed to pull about a 5.4 second 0-60mph yesterday not really even trying (wheel-spin for the loss!). I need to unlock the performance pages so I can take videos/pictures of my times and learn what throttle control I need to use to get off the best time. Or, I just unlock launch control. ;)

Updated the first post with a pic. Need to take more pics on a Sunny day.

17965d1489783305-img_4896b.jpg

:thumbsup:

More Mopar is always good. I was just not able to afford one of these or a Mustang/Chally when I was car shopping. Definitely interested to follow your ownership experience.

:D Thanks bro. Maybe someday those of us in the DFW area can get together on a day I don't have to work and we can shoot the shit as they say. :lol:

You remember on that Grand Tour episode where Richard drove like a hooligan acting like an 8 year old child in that Hellcat? Yea, that's me 100%. My exhaust upgrade will be the chambered mufflers aka powersticks. However, I will not be taking the resonators off like these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjn-yGR3-ow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_umAuS3X6ms

:lol:

Yes. That's me on the Multistrada. I'm batting a thousand on people hating the loud exhaust, but I am also a child :mrgreen:

Ahhhh, the joys of life! I used to do that with my Camaro. You only live once.

Crazyjeeper and I, and possibly Spectre, will be at a burger joint on Saturday for dinner. PM me if you'll be around!

I have to work weekends! :( Sucks that I cannot go! My work is actually one of the parking lots where Cars & Coffee take place in Plano. If I can get a weekend off for a chance I'll shoot over a PM letting you all know and such.

I personally prefer the styling of this model so I think this is great. :D

It could only be better if it was the Hellcat.

Pic of the front outside my work.

17967d1489851812-img_4917b.jpg

I was very tempted to buy one of these a couple years ago. Very cool ride. Hope it treats you well! :cool:

I was very tempted to buy one of these a couple years ago. Very cool ride. Hope it treats you well! :cool:

Thanks TC. If you want a new one with a V8 you better act fast before FCA kills the 5.7L (and or 6.4L) and adds forced induction to the 3.6L V6 once the platform changes. :(

Thanks TC. If you want a new one with a V8 you better act fast before FCA kills the 5.7L (and or 6.4L) and adds forced induction to the 3.6L V6 once the platform changes. :(

If they move it to the Guilia platform, I'm fine with a turbocharged V6 :)

If they move it to the Guilia platform, I'm fine with a turbocharged V6 :)

You may be in the minority. :( Even if the turbo V6 is faster it'll never make as good of a noise as my 345 or of the 392 V8. ;)

Last edited:
Even if the turbo V6 is faster it'll never make as good of a noise as my 345 or of the 392 V8s. ;)

Hear hear.