2016 Formula 1 Season Thread

Oh well you look at that. You went back and did your research instead of running your mouth like an idiot.

You are the one who was and is running your mouth like an idiot, I didn't need to research to remember what the examples quite clearly display. You just assumed I made it up which obviously I didn't, if you had any decency you'd have acknowledged that your tone towards Kimi was entirely negative but offered whatever reason you chose. If you object to the word hate there is a way to respond to this without being a know-it-all presumptive asshole. I couldn't be bothered looking back that far because I'm only demonstrating the tone towards Kimi. As I pointed out you barely acknowledge the solid results Kimi has achieved this year and even the results and pace he was achieving last year, it doesn't matter that he didn't compete well with Sebastian, I could go into the reasons but again you don't care.

You say you don't see the improvements but it's simply because you've chosen not to see them. You have your mind so set on the idea that a fresh driver would yield wins that you don't care to look.
Australia he's in 2nd when a turbo problem took him out of the race.
Bahrain he came 2nd despite a crappy start
China he had a hell of a recovery after a collision with Sebastian lost him his front wing.
Russia he was on the podium and you thought he was shit because Lewis beat him.
Monaco is probably the one example of Kimi having a crap race this year, I'll not defend him losing traction and hitting the wall but that's a retirement.
Canada he had a reasonably good race and should've finished on the podium if not for getting into the pits after the VSC ended.
Europe was potential 2nd place before he got that stupid penalty. You didn't object to that penalty as far as I recall otherwise I'd have noted it.
Austria he came 3rd, Ferrari made a poor pitstop call otherwise this could've been higher.
and in Silverstone the only thing that stopped him from being on the podium was bad luck with the strategy call, the VSC just happened to come at the right time for the leaders to pit and not lose time, Sebastian had a poor race and Kimi's was the opposite he just didn't luck into a podium like Sebastian did last year.

There was nothing slow about your frustration, there is a solid cut off point where you turn on Kimi it's more then a couple of hot headed comments it's with 1 exception every reference to Kimi I could find over a 2 year period.
If you don't like what that says then that's just tough.
Hungary is this weekend we'll see how you evaluate his performance there.

You are the one who was and is running your mouth like an idiot, I didn't need to research to remember what the examples quite clearly display. You just assumed I made it up which obviously I didn't, if you had any decency you'd have acknowledged that your tone towards Kimi was entirely negative but offered whatever reason you chose.

No, they're not completely negative, you just choose to call it sarcasm or irony when I do.

If you object to the word hate there is a way to respond to this without being a know-it-all presumptive asshole.
You pretend to know how I feel about someone and that makes ME the presumptive know it all? Wow.

I couldn't be bothered looking back that far because I'm only demonstrating the tone towards Kimi. As I pointed out you barely acknowledge the solid results Kimi has achieved this year and even the results and pace he was achieving last year, it doesn't matter that he didn't compete well with Sebastian, I could go into the reasons but again you don't care.

Why the fuck would it not matter that he performed a lot worse than someone else with the same car?

In MY opinion, for someone with his experience and knowledge, after many many races of getting re-acquainted with the car and the team, although he's got like 30 more points than this point last year, that's still a mediocre performance. The whole team is underperforming, Vettel is not doing that well either, go find the threads of the races where he got his best results and quote me singing the praises of Seb now, will ya? You can't cos I didn't, that's because I know the whole team has better potential than this and things are not progressing, to me, they seem stale, and that's why I say I would like to see a line up change, like I said before, it would have to be Kimi for several reasons.

That's all I have to say about this. Feel free to keep beating the dead horse.

so we're back at square one...why support a team whose people you don't like?
you're just making yourself frustrated

so we're back at square one...why support a team whose people you don't like?
you're just making yourself frustrated

Are you actually kidding me right now? Which part of "I like Kimi, but he's not doing well" don't you understand? Do I have to draw a kindergarten grade picture?

You could argue that Seb was having a crap year (luck wise) while last year Kimi had all the bad luck.
None of this means that we can draw any conclusions about which is the better driver, because this year there was hardly a race where both drivers did not make a mistake/got screwed by strategy/had bad luck...

Stating Kimi is doing badly, is very wrong in my view... He's making the most of a sometimes bad situation.

Also, please draw us that picture.

Bad luck? Very scientific.

I drew the picture but I don't have a scanner. Too bad.

Q1 delayed in Hungary, due to torrential rain. Safety car is lapping at the moment.

They should start as is stands now, will be one hell of a race

...(which adds to my frustration in turn on why Ferrari insist on having a very good driver and a very mundane second fiddle).

Probably because it worked great during the Schumacher years (but then Schumacher locked the team around him). Vettel looks to be trying to do the same so maybe it will work a second time.

Q1 delayed in Hungary, due to torrential rain. Safety car is lapping at the moment.

Q1 took so long that my recording ended mid-way through Q2. Tried to catch the replay online, but found out who took the Pole and the qualifying order trying to find it. *facepalm*

Probably because it worked great during the Schumacher years (but then Schumacher locked the team around him). Vettel looks to be trying to do the same so maybe it will work a second time.

Q1 took so long that my recording ended mid-way through Q2. Tried to catch the replay online, but found out who took the Pole and the qualifying order trying to find it. *facepalm*

Yeah, just hoping my GP2 Feature race recorded okay. Which I'm watching now. Very difficult not to spoil the result now. My phone even sends me Sky Sports updates.

Leaves an uncertain future for Ferrari it seems like quite a big loss for them. Hopefully Mattia Binotto is competent enough to pick up where Allison left off.

Leaves an uncertain future for Ferrari it seems like quite a big loss for them. Hopefully Mattia Binotto is competent enough to pick up where Allison left off.

He's the engine chief, so, probably not. I think they're working on poaching James Key from STR.

Hamilton buggers off at first corner, Rosberg spins half his tyres off. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

From what I have heard he is the exact opposite of what Ferrari needs.

He's the engine chief, so, probably not. I think they're working on poaching James Key from STR.

I'm hoping they take Steve Matchett's advice and offer Ross Braun the title of "President of Ferrari Sport" and let him run the Scuderia without Sergio looking over his shoulder and shouting for immediate results. Ross and Seb could do what Ross and Michael did, IMO, if given the time.

if ross still feels the need to prove something
i don't see why he would return
not like he needs the money, and he seems to be enjoying himself...

From what I have heard he is the exact opposite of what Ferrari needs.

What have you heard? What I read was that Sergio couldn't handle someone who didn't just do as he's told but rather did what he thought was best for the team.

What have you heard? What I read was that Sergio couldn't handle someone who didn't just do as he's told but rather did what he thought was best for the team.

The MSNBC crew mentioned his temperament was more "shout at people to get things done" then working on team-building and camaraderie. I expect Kimi won't respond well to him (whereas James Allison's presence has helped his game, IMO) and not sure if Seb will put up with it, either, as he does have 4 WCS under his belt.

Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff has called for a loophole in Formula 1's rules to be closed that has allowed Lewis Hamilton to build up a pool of fresh engines.

What they should do is have a "council of sportmanship" or something like that, which would take a look at these loopholes AFTER someone exploits them and apply penalties. In this case, invalidate the engines and deem them off bounds.
Heck even in online games when someone finds a glitch the game masters usually penalize those who exploited it after patching it.