2016 Hungarian Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Well how exciting, no race thread until the race is already started....

But, what a start! Great racing :w00t:

What a finish! :zzz:

Just noticed Hamilton's helmet (maybe he changed it a year ago, but that's how much attention I pay to it), he ditched the whole yellow helmet-Senna tribute stripes?

Anyway boring forgettable race. Hamilton wins again, now he's leader. I'm guessing Rosberg gets depressed and Lewis rides this wave to another championship. Too bad the Red bulls couldn't take the fight to them at those first laps.

Vettel, okay race, gained a place, but eh. Kimi was just making up for bad qualifying and did well enough for the situation. Good strategy by the team for a change.
Impressed by Alonso bringing points in with that crapper McLaren. Stupid decision by stewards penalizing Button, he was exchanging info with his pit wall about an issue which could be a hazard for everyone (can't talk to your engineers about your damn brake pedal not working??)

Bring in Germany.

Last edited:
Lewis takes the lead in the championship, I guess Nico would never have been able to pass on this track. No podium for Ferrari I don't know if Sebastian would have had a better chance of passing Ricciardo then Kimi had passing Vestappen but still 14th to 6th isn't too shabby. At least there isn't a 2 week wait for the German Grand Prix.

So Button got an DT and Rosberg 10 sec penalty for the same violation of a rule that shouldn't even exist. Way to go F1.

Surprising that there isn't even investigation of Verstappen blocking Kimi..

Race itself was an typical Hungaroring.

Hamilton again bending Mercedes to his will. If that had been Rosberg backing him up, they would have ordered him out of the way (Like at Monaco). I'm amazed Nico stayed with that team. They don't give a stuff about him - it's Lewis' team.

Plus that stroke Hamilton pulled in the press conference. Jesus what a little prick.

I'm amazed Nico stayed with that team. They don't give a stuff about him - it's Lewis' team.

Not like he could win with anyone else and I am sure Mercedes gave him a very nice pay raise with this contract. :)

Been an anti-climatic F1 weekend for me - NBC delayed P2 until Friday evening so knew the stats long before the broadcast, Q1 went so long I missed Q2 and Q3 and found out the pole and order trying to watch them online and power went down as I was watching my recording during the pre-race so I found out Hamilton had won before I saw Lap 1 while trying to get news on the power outage. :)

On the plus side, I can just run the race in the background while I play Overwatch. :)

Last edited:
I was jumping up & down in my seat during the Kimi/Max battle... he did move twice on 2 seperate occasions though
Aside from that, a bit of a bore...

Last edited:
It's interesting to me how Red Bull have managed to come out on top more and more during qualifying but during the race Ferrari is almost always consistently quicker. Hopefully Germany will be a better track for them than Hungary was.

The boy's a knob goblin.

It's happened before on this track. Remember when Piquet did it to Senna (though far more spectacularly) in 1986?

I was 1 year old so no, and googling I can only find the famous "opposite lock" overtake... are we talking rude hand gestures here?

Yup. It's on one of the old Clive James FIA videos that he did in 1982, 1984 and 1986. The exact quote was "The same manouevre in slow motion reveals technical details - such as Piquet making the sign of the cross, and Senna closing his eyes'.

Yup. It's on one of the old Clive James FIA videos that he did in 1982, 1984 and 1986. The exact quote was "The same manouevre in slow motion reveals technical details - such as Piquet making the sign of the cross, and Senna closing his eyes'.

No flipping the bird for a backmarker?