Ownership Verified: 2016 Moto Guzzi Griso

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
After years of only having vintage, touring and dirt bikes, I decided I needed something sporty and different. I considered various naked supersports, like the KTM Superduke R, the Aprilia Tuono, Ducati Monster 1200, etc., but I decided that I still can't trust myself not to be an idiot with a 160hp 400 pound bike. That pushed me to look towards more sporty standards. I was initially infatuated with the BMW R1200R, but the sticker price changed my mind right quick. Ultimately I had narrowed my options down to the BMW RnineT, the Honda CB1100 and the Griso. The BMW just seems like its try too hard to be cool, and I've had a ton of Hondas, so that left me with only one choice. The local Guzzi dealer had a left over 2016 and that was it, I was done.

Home from the dealer.
IMG_5060-X2.jpg

Took it for a 160 mile ride today and finally got some decent pictures.

DSCN1951-X2.jpg

DSCN1950-X2.jpg

I'm going to need a bigger garage.

IMG_5128-X2.jpg

Proof
IMG_5130-X2.jpg

IMG_5129-X2.jpg

I'm about halfway through the break in so I haven't had to chance to really hammer it, but it even without tapping into all of the power, it is a wonderful bike. Very smooth predictable handling, nice linear power delivery, and the best sound I've ever heard from a motorcycle, just a little too quiet. This one is going to make me break my longstanding tradition of stock exhausts. Oh, and of course something is already broken, the switch that selects between the modes on the dash won't pull up trip odo 1. It worked the first day, and hasn't worked since. Still, I don't let that put me off, other than needing a better seat and a louder pipe, it is everything I was looking for.

I have to do it... How much did you pay for your bad Moto Guzzi?

Looks beautiful, very er... soulful styling. It is Italian after all. :D

More than a cake, less than a bakery. :p

It is without a doubt the best looking bike I've ever owned, or ridden.

Love the Griso, had one a few years ago!

What made you get rid of yours?

Very nice! I love the griso, I've always thought it would fit the bill for my midlife crisis bike.

Had a great day out today with a friend who has a Triumph street triple. We did 340 miles of mostly back roads to finish up the 900 mile break in.

IMG_5175-X2.jpg

Nope, still haven't set the clock or changed it to Fahrenheit.
IMG_5176-X2.jpg

IMG_20170506_160220-X3.jpg

This thing just keeps getting better. The whole drive train has really smoothed out compared to the first ride home.