2016 Spanish Grand Prix

TC

aka TomCat
Red Bull Racing was surprisingly strong in qualifying today, locking out the second row ahead of the Ferrari duo. I had doubts about Max, but he really handled himself well so far, showing great pace. Although I'm glad Ricciardo out qualified him by a decent margin.

The start should be pretty exciting, if things go the way they have been recently, with the Red Bulls and Ferraris getting better starts than the Mercedes. Hopefully the boys in red get away cleanly and have better luck with reliability.

Ferrari must have completely mucked up the setup for the hotter afternoon. And it so must suck to be Nico Rosberg. You work out a sweet setup und then Merc gives it to your only rival, who can't setup his car for jack and he then beats the pants off you with your own setup :lol: It's just like being back in their karting days. On the upside it will finally shutup those nutcases with their ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Lewis also has the new upgraded MGU-K and Rosberg is using the old one, the old one that failed for Hamilton twice.

Only for free practice. For the race Rosberg got a new engine as was planned anyway.

I should have said MGU-H, Hamilton has been given an upgraded design and Rosberg will be running the old design.

Okay, for once this could become an interesting race.

To me, 100% Rosberg's fault. He completely closed the door in a dirty way, forced the accident.
Let's see if this is now a more entertaining race.

Sent from my XT1040 using Tapatalk

To me, 100% Rosberg's fault. He completely closed the door in a dirty way, forced the accident.
Let's see if this is now a more entertaining race.

Niki Lauda disagrees. He immediately blamed it on Lewis. Quite interesting, considering that he is Lewis' biggest supporter within the team.

Niki Lauda disagrees. He immediately blamed it on Lewis. Quite interesting, considering that he is Lewis' biggest supporter within the team.
Yep i heard, he said Ham was too aggressive but to me when Ros closes the door, he was gonna either force him out, or force him to slam the brakes, lock up and collect him anyway, ham was just sooo much faster than him at the corner exit.

I cannot blame Rosberg for defending his position but I can blame Hamilton for wanting to pass with a crowbar instead with using his brain in the 2nd corner of the race.

Sounds like payback for the many times Hamilton has done the same. The difference is, Nico always backed off. The fact remains. Nobodby ever overtook through the grass, and Lewis was off the track before he was ever alongside.

I'm with mpicco, not just 100% Rosberg's fault but downright dangerous. He should get a three race ban for that behaviour. At least when Schumacher did that kind of thing he tried to be a bit subtle about it but Rosberg was just blatant.

I cannot blame Rosberg for defending his position but I can blame Hamilton for wanting to pass with a crowbar instead with using his brain in the 2nd corner of the race.
True, but following the analogy, Rosberg defended with a crowbar too and the result was both of them going out.
If he just let him through, since ham didn't have the race line, he'd probably burn the exit and be easily passed again. Would have resulted in some good racing and most importantly, both of them would have been racing right now.
Come to think of it, you're right, it's not 100% Rosberg's fault, but to me i still place the biggest part of it on him

I'm with mpicco, not just 100% Rosberg's fault but downright dangerous. He should get a three race ban for that behaviour. At least when Schumacher did that kind of thing he tried to be a bit subtle about it but Rosberg was just blatant.

Well, let me tell you a secret: Racing cars is dangerous ;)

Apparently Lewis was angry because he lost the start and was over-motivated to correct is error. Well, it went wrong. Only because you WANT to overtake, it doesn't mean you succeed with it. Maybe Nico was defending his position a bit aggressively but Lewis tried to overtake in a Kamikaze kind of attack and that could only go wrong.

At the end of the day, this is racing :) Nice to see those guys are still acting human and aren't computer-controlled robots.

Edit: Toto Wolf said that after analyzing the data he cannot blame one driver.

Last edited:
I think it was mostly Hamilton's fault, I think he's gotten so used to throwing it down the inside of Rosberg that he just took it for granted that Rosberg would get out of the way. Real bummer for Hamilton but that's the way I see it.

It's arguable, don't patronize, MacMuffin. Barrichelo agrees with me. "I believe it was a racing incident, could have been avoided by both, but closing the door that late is not cool"

Well, looks like a Ferrari will win because of that :)

Also to point out how well Verstappen is doing. Sainz doing well with the Toro Rosso too, so it the problem with Kvyat was obviously the driver.

I think it was mostly Hamilton's fault, I think he's gotten so used to throwing it down the inside of Rosberg that he just took it for granted that Rosberg would get out of the way. Real bummer for Hamilton but that's the way I see it.

second that.