2016 Spanish Grand Prix

Well, after all, it wasn't DRS or flimsy tyres the way to turn F1 exciting again. It is removing Mercedes. Maybe FOM sees this and bans them? :lol:

Also if another Red Bull crashes Vettel out again he might lose his shit

- - - Updated - - -

That's too bad for Ricciardo, good effort.

Anyone voting for the driver of the day?

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/vote.html

Gotta give it to Max... new car, only 24th race, youngest winner ever.

Last edited:
And Kvyat is probably banging his head against the wall.

Kimi was attacking lap after lap but that Ferrari just didn't have the grip out of the final corner. Great job by Verstappen to not flinch and keep his tires in good shape.
edit/ Such bad luck for Ricciardo though, racing Vettel lost him the race and then the puncture.

Last edited:
It was more like racing Vettel while cars were getting in the way which didn't help his opportunities. Also should've stayed on a 2 stop strategy if Vestappen could do a 2 stop.

Kimi was attacking lap after lap but that Ferrari just didn't have the grip out of the final corner. Great job by Verstappen to not flinch and keep his tires in good shape.

It was so painful to see Ferraris so slow in the last corner, but I put the blame on the track. It is nearly impossible to overtake there if the pace of the cars are somewhat close.

I feel pretty pissed now that Kimi was so close taking the win today, but unless Max making mistake it would have never happened. Ricciardo was robbed of a win today...

I should be over the moon that we are getting new star to F1 who is really young as well, but for some reason I am not. There is something in him I don't like at all. Maybe it is his dad. :lol:

Anyway great job from him! :)

Now that was tense. Too bad Mercedes crashed each other out, but in the end it allowed us to enjoy one of the closest and most crowded 1st place battles for what seems ages.

Last edited:
That's Barcelona for you, teams and drivers know it just too well and the track isn't big on overtakes.

I had to laugh out loud about RIC whining that the team screwed his strategy. Damn that guy has a short memory. He got his maiden win through RB screwing up Seb's strategy in Canada 2014. Karma, bitch!

Well done to Max, making history. :cool:

Great race to watch for the neutrals, too bad about Nicco & Lewis.

It was so painful to see Ferraris so slow in the last corner, but I put the blame on the track. It is nearly impossible to overtake there if the pace of the cars are somewhat close.

I feel pretty pissed now that Kimi was so close taking the win today, but unless Max making mistake it would have never happened. Ricciardo was robbed of a win today...

I should be over the moon that we are getting new star to F1 who is really young as well, but for some reason I am not. There is something in him I don't like at all. Maybe it is his dad. :lol:

Anyway great job from him! :)

Yeah, I think when Vettel and Ricciardo were put on 3 stop strategies both teams probably assumed that they'd catch Kimi and Max quite quickly and pass on much faster tires but it didn't seem to work out like that, there was a reasonable gap between the leaders and Vettel. It also didn't help that Ricciardo came out behind Vettel as he seemed to be lacking the pace to catch up to the leaders and may have even held up Ricciardo but who knows.

A crazy start to the race. For the past couple years, before every race, they always talk about the Mercedes guys taking each other out, and it finally happened. I found it slightly amusing that the NBCSN commentators talked about "who could have predicted that?!" as if everyone hasn't been talking about the possibility before every race in recent years. In the end I don't see it having much of an impact on either championship, but it does hurt Lewis more than Nico.

I'm disappointed for Ferrari and especially for Kimi. I cannot believe he didn't have the power to get past that Renault powered Red Bull. This is a bit of a power track, right?

But then again we may have witnessed Formula 1 history in more ways than one. Max could go on to become a multi-time champion, he certainly has plenty of years ahead of him to get that done, so this could be one of those days where you remember where you were when Max won his first race during his first GP in a top tier F1 team.

Before it goes down

It seems as if Rosberg's engine mode was in something different than "Start"or "Max" or Turbo2000 whatever they wanna call it. It started harvesting power mid corner and slowed him down dramatically. Still mid corner, he reached down to adjust it, then hit the Overtake button to try to defend, and at least in this analysis, he thinks he was too distracted and lost awareness as to where Hamilton was or how much track he was leaving him.

Before it goes down

It seems as if Rosberg's engine mode was in something different than "Start"or "Max" or Turbo2000 whatever they wanna call it. It started harvesting power mid corner and slowed him down dramatically. Still mid corner, he reached down to adjust it, then hit the Overtake button to try to defend, and at least in this analysis, he thinks he was too distracted and lost awareness as to where Hamilton was or how much track he was leaving him.

Still doesn't change the fact that Lewis was never alongside until after he left the track. Merc says Racing incident, Lauda says Lewis's fault, Lewis say 'sorry, my fault', stewards say racing incident. Make of that what fits your opinion.

Reading the interviews I think we have a great season ahead!
HAM: if you're 17kmh faster, you go for a gap!
ROS: I showed very early I was closing the gap, and i wouldn't let him passed

I predict a few more DNFs! :D

But... Quoting Alonso from a few years ago: you always have to leave the space!
When defending, you always have to leave at least one car width to the edge of the track? For me rossberg forced Hamilton off the track, and if that move was done by Maldonado, he sure would've gotten a sanction!!

Anyways, congrats to max! My eyes welled up when he crossed the line :)

Before it goes down

This might be the video above?

Similar suggestions that Rosberg left the car in the mode for the warmup lap, when want max energy harvesting, and never switched to race mode, hitting the Overtake when he realised this. Difference was about 17km/h - 180bhp. Rosberg also has a load of stickers on his steering wheel to remind him of the correct modes he should be in.

Last edited: